Age of Decadence - Ganezzar Beta Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Iron Tower Studio released the next update for the Ganezzar Beta on Steam.

Ganezzar Beta - Week 6

This week's changelog:

• Added 'House Aurelian is ruined' scenario
  • Added two NPCs in Ganezzar (a philosopher and a preacher in the Temple district)
  • Added option to break the siege with the ship and a proper chapter ending
  • Fixed issues in 'Maadoran is destroyed' scenario
  • Combat AI changes - the enemies will target unprotected heads
  • Block changes aimed to support lightly armored blockers (wip):
    - Increased the base defense for block for each skill point from 10 to 15.
    - Block is affected by armor defense penalty.
    - Increased chance to fully block attacks.
    - Decreased dodge mobility bonus per tile.
We're almost done with the faction questlines. One last quest and we can start working on the side quests, the visuals, and the journal.

So roughly, we'll add that faction quest and some side quests next week, the remaining side quests the week after, the journal and possibly achievements by the end of the month. As always, we thank you for your support and patience.
More information.

So what is the latest on this game? I played the demo at least a year ago (or more) and thought it was likely to wipe my party at every turn to the point it would be something I would merely endure vs enjoy. I only tried a few minutes of it however. Wrong impression?

So what is the latest on this game? I played the demo at least a year ago (or more) and thought it was likely to wipe my party at every turn to the point it would be something I would merely endure vs enjoy. I only tried a few minutes of it however. Wrong impression?

Play as a non-combat character...

I'm really curious how this game will play, when… or if it's finally finished. ;)

I'm really curious how this game will play, when… or if it's finally finished. ;)

My guess is June/July. Anyway, contrary to the unmentionable game, AoD has made significant advances in the past two years with many new areas being released and the entire skill system being revamped as well.

The game is playable in its current state and is open to everyone.
You just wouldn't see the end-game.

The game is playable in its current state and is open to everyone.
You just wouldn't see the end-game.
I know - but I guess that besides developing end-game content the regular QA cycles keep on squishing bugs and improving the game generally. So I'm sure I'll have a better experience when I wait till release of the full game.

Also I'm having enough games to play right now, so I'm rellay looking forward to playing a polished AoD in summer when there's a shortage with new releases that are interesting for me.

As a RPG veteran I can't wait to play the full release. We know the development is taking such a long time but that's likely due to personnel limitations, this being an indie game and all. Been playing the beta at various stages, and I really like the setting, atmosphere and walls of text. Camera's awful but who cares. That didn't stop Wasteland 2 from rocking. This game will be another great old school RPG and , with a non-combat way to play it, which I really like.

I think I'll wait for more impressions. I like the emphasis on choice/consequence but it still needs to be fun as a game. I'm hopeful though.

Camera's awful but who cares. That didn't stop Wasteland 2 from rocking.
I agree. It wasn't the camera that stopped W2 from rocking. ;)

Back
Top Bottom