The TV Series discussion thread

So you're agreeing with him that Walking Dead is not stupid shit?
*sigh*

Has anyone watched black mirror. It has some interesting ideas although, not all episodes are of the same calibre.

They are all standalone episodes about something bad in the "near" future. For example, a group of people hacking people's computers and filming them on their webcam do bad things to blackmail them. Or just steal pictures from their phones to blackmail them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw two first episodes of that show a few years back. One with pig molesting then another with some people in some facility being somewhat brainwashed.
So bad. Decided not to continue.

Walking dead is amazing and the only show I'll actually watch live. Well 20 min in so I can skip commercials. :)

Has anyone watched black mirror. It has some interesting ideas although, not all episodes are of the same calibre.

They are all standalone episodes about something bad in the "near" future. For example, a group of people hacking people's computers and filming them on their webcam do bad things to blackmail them. Or just steal pictures from their phones to blackmail them.

Yes, I like it. A sort of darkly comic version of the Twilight Zone. It was low budget, and a bit hit and miss, but now Netflix has bought it to produce as an original series.

Black Mirror is very good. Loved it and the last season is even better IMHO though many think the first 2 seasons were better, but regardless, totally recommended watch (all 3 season are now available in Netflix).

No and I don't intend to touch anything linked to that soap.

Speaking of soaps and more than two thousand episodes long Santa Barbara, Netflix made Longmire season 5 (wasn't aware of it but it isn't new) where a couple of actors from the mentioned TV shitshow appear, but now they could present their actual talent.
Longmire is not a soap garbage, previous seasons were already awsome, but this fifth one is a damned masterpiece! It is one of those must watch things before you die so instead of wasting time on zombie rubbish, switch to Longmire already.

Out of house? lol
I think it'd be better for me to be some more in the house. :)

Never heard of that name, but this time I'm not saying I deliberately unheard like with those rubbish games. Don't you worry, once that name produces a masterpiece or something close to it, it won't pass my radar.

There is another catch though, we can trade.
You give Longmire a shot, one season and then if you don't like it, don't continue. If you do I'll give a shot on whatever that person made. Perhaps we can both profit?

After 7 episodes, I'm convinced Westworld is easily the best new show on television. Last night's episode surprised me in way that no show has in a long time.

Okay, but what about the best old show? Two Broke Girls? Ancient Aliens? Or?

I stopped loving Westworld with the whole thing about the technicians being scared of the host. I'm still watching it, but I don't care for their writers.

Well, I've recently started watching Babylon 5 -- I know, I know, I'm a few years late to the party. :p

I'm a big fan of DS9 and wasn't really expecting B5 to hold up, but it's pretty good actually. It started a bit slow, but I'm totally into it at the moment. I'm only about halfway through season 2, though. I'm finding the plot to be a lot more focused and "tight", with very little "standalone" episodes (which I like), than DS9's (which only really started picking up in season 3).

So yes, liking it lots. :)

Well, I watched the season opener of Walking Dead. Unless ISIS beheading videos are your idea of a good time, I would strongly suggest giving it a miss. So sick of graphic sadism as titillation on TV shows.

Well, I've recently started watching Babylon 5 -- I know, I know, I'm a few years late to the party. :p

I'm a big fan of DS9 and wasn't really expecting B5 to hold up, but it's pretty good actually. It started a bit slow, but I'm totally into it at the moment. I'm only about halfway through season 2, though. I'm finding the plot to be a lot more focused and "tight", with very little "standalone" episodes (which I like), than DS9's (which only really started picking up in season 3).

So yes, liking it lots. :)

You'll be surprised how much ground work for the later developments has already been layed in the first season.

Back
Top Bottom