The TV Series discussion thread

I'm on the 7th episode of Wayward Pines, and it's starting to lose me. The big reveal, if legit, was really lame. I'll probably finish the season, but unless something spectacular happens in the last few eipsodes, I think that might be it for me.

I've not made it any further than the second episode. And for some reason I already lost steam. I think I'll rather get back to finishing season 3 of Mr Robot. Redglyph's viewing experience makes me envious. I loved season 4. Probably my favorite of all. So intense.

I think I'll rather get back to finishing season 3 of Mr Robot. Redglyph's viewing experience makes me envious. I loved season 4. Probably my favorite of all. So intense.

It is. I'm hesitating to watch it again to catch all the hints in a 2nd view. I may not do it though, a bit too much at once.

It is. I'm hesitating to watch it again to catch all the hints in a 2nd view. I may not do it though, a bit too much at once.

Yeah, I also left it alone after my initial viewing. Just left to sit and ruminate. This is my second one after quite some time. There's always a certain comfort that I enjoy when I've already seen something at least once, since I can be more relaxed and study it more objectively, and less from the "rollercoaster-seat".

Some time ago, I watched the first two episodes of Farscape, then just gave up on it. Last night I dipped back in with episode three, and I'll try a few more to see if it sticks to me in a good way. Overall I find the production lacking in some ways, maybe it's just too basic? That's no reason to give up on what might prove to be a good tale, so I'm giving it another go.

Bosch took an ugly turn I didn't really see coming, I mean I knew Eleanor was doing some dangerous stuff, yet I didn't expect her to pay such a high price, and so quickly. I'm quite keen on seeing what happens next!!

I've not made it any further than the second episode. And for some reason I already lost steam. I think I'll rather get back to finishing season 3 of Mr Robot. Redglyph's viewing experience makes me envious. I loved season 4. Probably my favorite of all. So intense.

I finished it this morning. Imo, you're not missing much if you don't go back. It turned out quite different than what I was expecting and not in a good way. I won't be bothering with the other season.

I finished it this morning. Imo, you're not missing much if you don't go back. It turned out quite different than what I was expecting and not in a good way. I won't be bothering with the other season.

Yeah, I never went back to it.

Instead I started an animated series which might be my favorite cartoon series of all time. And it holds very well while watching it as an adult. Samurai Jack. It has a great art style, and cinematography. I love all the framing tricks they do. And while the art style is very minimalistic, it is gorgeous. And the story is nice too. Jack is also fantastic lead. Innocent and honorable to a fault. Always doing the right thing. Which might sound boring, but he’s the opposite of that.

Because I lived in the area at the time and have despised the Clintons for many reasons for decades, I was really looking forward to the FX show, Impeachment. This series had done a decent job on the Brown/Goldman murders, so I was hoping for something along the same lines with this lurid tale.

Oh man, was I wrong. Right from the get-go, even the casting seems bad. And it only got worse from there. Usually I'll give a show two to three episodes to get some bearing, yet this time I don't know if I can do that. Has anyone else seen this awful production as of yet?

Three episodes into the second season of Jordskott, a Swedish crime series with supernatural elements. It's the bees knees.
My wife and I keep using Swedish words we've learnt from the show. (E.g. "tak" for "thanks")
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2309405/

Last edited:
I like to have three shows that I'm currently watching, so after finishing with series four of Bosch about two weeks ago, this week I've decided to start my first rewatch of Mr. Robot. It's been what, like six years or so, and I'm already amazed at just how great the pilot was. I certainly don't remember every nuance, and I'm not sure if I'll watch each and every series, yet for now I'm hooked on the first again.

The Wheel of Time, on Prime Nov 19th. I'm really curious to see what they made of the book series!

After all these years, I'm still not over the fact it was never finished by its original author. I never read the last books, after seeing the reviews, maybe it's a mistake.

Ars Technica wrote a small article on the TV show (and a trilogy)
[...]
Ars staffers' verdict: We are cautiously optimistic! The casting is spot-on, the magic looks good, and we really like the overall look of the series, even if the CGI isn't quite up to Game of Thrones standards. (Give it time. Amazon likely wants to make sure the show is a hit before pouring money into film-quality CGI.) And as Ars Senior Technology Reporter Andrew Cunningham noted, "Congrats to the costuming/makeup team and Rosamund Pike for figuring out WTF an 'ageless face' is supposed to look like. They nailed it."

The Wheel of Time premieres on Amazon Prime on November 19, 2021. We'll also be getting a separate Wheel of Time film trilogy focusing on events in Jordan's fictional world before the events of the books.

The Wheel of Time, on Prime Nov 19th. I'm really curious to see what they made of the book series!

After all these years, I'm still not over the fact it was never finished by its original author. I never read the last books, after seeing the reviews, maybe it's a mistake.

I could never finish the first book. I found it way too descriptive, especially the playing with the braid every 2 pages.

I'm still optimistic it will be good just seems weird to base the show on Moiraine who, if you read the books is killed early in the books. Hopefully it's multi-pov like GOT.

As for the books I didn't finish them either after the author died. Still they dragged on and at one point I almost quit reading as they focused on characters I never liked.
It's a slow start, but it gets much more captivating.
No it was Jordan's personal style of writing. He loved those scenes.:biggrin:

Oh wow. Go read them, then. Brandon Sanderson did a very good job. His writing style is very thrilling. At the very least, you'll get some closure and.. an ending.

For reference: I loved the whole series, even the "slow" books.

As for the teaser: well, things don't look anything like they did in my imagination, but it's a different time now. Hope it'll be good!

Season 5 of Rick & Morty was great. I thought season 4 had some brilliant episodes (Vat of Acid), but also some real duds so I was happy that there was no lasting drop-off in quality.

The Wheel of Time books just never really grabbed me, I'm planning to re-read a few of them soon and see if they're more palatable now. And since I have Prime, I'll at least watch the first couple of episodes, just to see how the telly version shakes out. When I fire up the telly tonight, I plan to explore and see if the Crow television version is available anywhere to view these days.

Sanderson is a far better writer than Jordan and the last 2 books are excellent IMHO!! I'm eagerly awaiting this series!!

Sanderson has impressed me with his Mistborn series, as well as the Stormlight Archives, and a few other novels. I'll try to get through the Wheel of Time books this time and check out his additions to the series.

Back
Top Bottom