What games are you playing now?

Playing ATOM at the moment and i have to say it's a great game. It took me some time to get used to it but now i really enjoy it.
I also installed Morrowind again and i've been trying to mod it for 2 days now, but it seems i suck big time. I try to upgrade the graphics a little bit as i don't think i can play it with the original look and the game refuses to start. I'll try some more today and then i'll quit.

I've started the Witcher 1 (yes, that's a one) again. Never finished it... I actually never got much further than the start of chapter 2 first time around, so hoping I can see it through to the end this time.

Trying to finish Original Sin 2 followed by Grim Dawn.

Oh man, I started playing Batman Arkham Asylum. I quit about 3 hours in, right before entering the bat cave. 10 minutes ago I wanted to continue and my save is completely gone!! What a bummer. Apparantly, it is a common problem. How is that possible… A proper save system is not that difficult right. Save to a separate file, and only if it succeeds overwrite the existing save or something (and just to be sure rotate 3 of them around). Origin should also have saved it to the cloud but that also didn't seem to work.

Luckily I just found a google drive with save games for the steam version. I hope they work for the origin version of Asylum too.

I've hit a wall in the Great Gaias, so parking that one for now and I'm going to check out To Light: Ex Umbra. It's a very recent game, only having been out a month but I'm hoping most if not all of any bugs have been squashed.

Been playing a little of west of loathing. It is ok -kind of simple and a bit aggravating in some ways. Will probably play a bit more but kind of very simple - well done for what it is i guess but very simple.

I only got about an hour into Ex Umbra before some kind folks took pity on me via the Gaia forums and gave me some advice, so I was able to return to that game and get past a spot that had me stumped.

Warlock of Firetop Mountain.

I read this when I was a kid, somewhere around the 10 year old mark, it's one of the Fighting Fantasy Choose You Own Adventure series of books, the first one in the series in fact. And now here it is, decades later converted into a very presentable video game.

I've only played for about an hour so far and my initial impressions are that I'm amazed that so many scenes, and in particular the pictures and the events that surround those pictures, still ring so sharply in my memory.

Luckily my memory is not powerful enough to be a full spoiler and I never have a clue which way to turn in the dungeon maze, but when an event happens I'm like "Oh yeaaaaahh, I remember now, the snake in a box!" Lol.

I also love how they kept the original artwork from the books and simply used that as the image of the characters you meet, just with the added upgrade of… colour! Whoop whoop!

An hour and a half and I'm dead. So sad. After being paralysed and dumped in a river I failed a luck roll while using my invisibility potion and got finished off by a werewolf in battle.

I could use the second of my three lives to respawn at the last rest site, but I'm playing by Ironman rules so chose to go back to the main menu & start another character another day.

Man, this game is as brutal as I remember! ;)

I don't know about a Fighting Fantasy game where I can't keep my thumb on the page I just came from, in case things go south. :p

Lol, I used to cheat so much, giving myself 18/18/18 rolls and nudging the dice if need be, claiming I had items when I didn't, on top of all the bookmarking. Damn computers and their sneaky honest ways!

Garden Paws. It's really a cute game, apparently very similar to Animal Crossing and My Time at Portia. It's currently at early access stage so the game is still missing a lot of features and rather clunky but still very much enjoyable. I much prefer Stardew Valley over this, but still it has its own charm.

A couple of screenshots below in the spoiler tag. I'm having a blast maintaining my small flower gardens, looking after my cat, bunnies, chickens and ducks :D

oUlcKLC.jpg

yFUuRVe.jpg

Y8MvxvJ.jpg

fxLJQS6.jpg

MKQls2h.jpg

l1TxUsC.jpg

4MmhAMM.jpg

v6eGiQH.jpg

I just got finished with a long gaming session of playing Alien Breed: Impact, a top down sci fi shooter (definitely not AAA).

There was this one part in the game where I had got stuck, it was so frustrating, it was literally a part where you have to run away in narrow corridors from a boss type monster, and I couldn't make it because near the end of the run my character would either slow down or turn around or make a wrong turn or even merely look at a door (which slows him down) and then the monster catches up with you real quickly and kills you. There was a really tricky turn right near the end that you had to hit just right, like, almost like a perfect middle part of the lane in a car race.

What made it even worse is not only did I keep getting caught right at the end, but its a checkpoint saves system in the game, so at that point you are spawned way back before you start running from the monster, and there is another, separate stage where you have to escape the monster again. So basically failing at the end meant I had to face 2 different stages of escaping from this monster by running, and as I said, the controls are really touchy and one tiny wrong or imprecise move and you lose and the monster catches up.

I was this close to giving up and saying "F - this game!" And I even watched a game- play video for clues, to see where exactly the guy was putting his character in relation to the line on the floor (the architecture of the graphics basically). It didn't help much. But anyhow, I finally "won" and figured out where to put the character in that last turn and was glad to get past that part!

Lol, I used to cheat so much, giving myself 18/18/18 rolls and nudging the dice if need be, claiming I had items when I didn't, on top of all the bookmarking. Damn computers and their sneaky honest ways!

I think you mean 12/18/12 :)

Done with the first Risen, so started the sequel replay. Man, i hate the pirate theme, also the combat seems atrocious compared to the first.

That was fast that you finished Risen. What faction did you go for? I remember when Risen 2 was anounced that I actually liked the setting, and the screenshots that followed it from it. Something else than just fantasy, beautiful beaches etc.

When looking at the comments on outward I got the feeling that it is close to gothic/Risen in some aspects, so you might want to check it out if you haven't already. I have mixed feelings on the survival aspects, it is difficult to balance but can be awesome if done just right. Regardless of whether I'll give it a try, I'm already curious to see what they crank out next.

Edit: k, I just saw they are comparing outward with gothic in the other thread already. Whoops :)

That was fast that you finished Risen. What faction did you go for? I remember when Risen 2 was anounced that I actually liked the setting, and the screenshots that followed it from it. Something else than just fantasy, beautiful beaches etc.

When looking at the comments on outward I got the feeling that it is close to gothic/Risen in some aspects, so you might want to check it out if you haven't already. I have mixed feelings on the survival aspects, it is difficult to balance but can be awesome if done just right. Regardless of whether I'll give it a try, I'm already curious to see what they crank out next.

Edit: k, I just saw they are comparing outward with gothic in the other thread already. Whoops :)

The survival elements are pretty light overall. You won't be crafting shelters and stuff, it's fairly basic and non-intrusive. I remember using a survival element mod in Morrowind and hating it, but in Outward it's surprisingly pleasant.

VTM:Bloodlines with plus patch, Ventrue. I was having a hard time feeding until I realized you don't need to sneak to do it... just walk up and chomp! :devilish:

Back
Top Bottom