Arkane Lyon's New Game DEATHLOOP

Funny, Bethesda announced Deathloop on Twitter just now, so a bit late and it's just a 15-second video: https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1356633860394655745.
It wasn't even after Bioware's tweet, go figure.

The site exists, that's probably old news too, but there you are. :)

EDIT: indeed ;)

image.png

I think they're trying to generate interest in a game that not many people seem to be interested in. :)

Maybe because it was not clear from their confusing videos what the game is about - from my end it looked like a multiplayer game!
The name speaks for itself you have to replay the game multiple times without getting killed by a fellow assassin who's out to get you. Bang your dead start over.

To summarize looks like Dishonored turned into some type of Deathmatch.

I remember being excited about this one.
But another player in a game I bought with a sole purpose to enjoy as a singleplayer?
No buy for me.

To be clear, the option of having another player control that character can be toggled off. She'll still show up and try to kill you, but it'll be be AI controlled.

Good. Still won't buy on day1 to make sure from feedback such option exists.

I won't be buying this on Day 1 regardless, and that's despite being a big fan of Arkane. I'm not sure about the direction they went here...

DEATHLOOP Official Gameplay Walkthrough

Prowling stealthily across rooftops or tearing through the streets of Blackreef in a hail of bullets. Finding a hidden entrance or busting in through the front door. There are many ways to reach your targets in DEATHLOOP. Our target in this extended look at the game is the Visionary Aleksis “The Wolf” Dorsey. Watch Colt infiltrate his well-guarded nightly party and take him down! Launching September 14, 2021 on console exclusively for PlayStation 5 and available on PC. Available for pre-order now: www.DEATHLOOP.com

Caught last night's state of play, and saw this. Looks a little bit more familiar now, to their other games. So it's basically Dishonored, but dying is part of the game loop. Sort of lying Dishonored meed Groundhog's Day. Could be interesting. The one thing I'm not too fond of is the setting. Somehow feels like a mish-mash of everything under the sun. But I could be wrong. I'm just a little bit more curious about it, than I was before. But not so much.

Looks fun and similar to Dishonored. I again see the issue of overpowered abilities in Dishonored (supported by level design), which is understandable to cater for different players' play styles and abilities.

It feels somewhat derivative except for the time loop part.

Also, the dialogue is terrible. Like something out of a low-budget action movie.

Back
Top Bottom