Underrail - Environments Preview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Underrail shows off some of the environment work.

Dev Log #58: Environments Preview

29 June - Styg

Hi guys,

Just want to let you know that development is going more or less according to plan. After finishing the Rig and the stuff in the old world, we've moved back to the Black Sea and are now polishing up some of the areas and wrapping up quests and the like. You can see some of the interesting areas in the video below as you relax to the excellent atmospheric music of Josh Culler.

We've also started working on the savage natives and their areas, so expect to see some of that in the next dev log.

That's all - just a short update to let you guys know that the development is going more or less according to plan and that you guys should stay tuned for more dev logs in the coming months.

Let us know how you liked the areas showcased in the video.

Cheers.
More information.

- We are also polishing the Jet Skis! Come and Jet around the monster infested Black Waters. Bring your friends!
:D

Totally my pace development. :-//

Anyway, since the announcement of their DLC last year I'm confused, WTF is Underrail: Expedition?? Say it with that weird french accent to attain a comical sound:

In Expedition you’ll be able to take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to the infamous Black Sea, a massive underground body of water.

There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you’ll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.

Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.

Expedition will feature the following:

A brand new story line that becomes available during the mid-game
Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types – shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
New human factions, as well as wild creatures to combat
New items and crafting recipes
New skills and feats
Leveling past level 25 with a special pool of feats to choose from

Over time we'll be revealing more details through the dev log, so expect those to once again flow regularly as they did before the game's release.

We expect to release the expansion during the first half of 2017 as a paid DLC.

Oh, so this will be the Jet Ski Expansion. AHA!

I loved Underrail, can't wait to get back into it. :excited:

Yup, this is instabuy (and instaplay!)

I will most likely do the replay like my first play thru. When I get to the deep caverns I will pretend the game is over and I win. :) Fantastic game.

I've been wanting to play Underrail for a long time, but all the talk about the final section being so bad scared me away.

With so many players complaining about it, I don't get why he doesn't tweak that area to make it more playable.

I've been wanting to play Underrail for a long time, but all the talk about the final section being so bad scared me away.

With so many players complaining about it, I don't get why he doesn't tweak that area to make it more playable.

It is fortunate that you refrained from playing it. The final section is sudden, frustrating, unavoidable and absolutely obtuse. For me it's game breaking.

It is fortunate that you refrained from playing it. The final section is sudden, frustrating, unavoidable and absolutely obtuse. For me it's game breaking.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few people say similar things. I don't get why he doesn't fix it. Is he just being stubborn because he doesn't want to admit it could be better?

Why doesn't he just create a new game instead of putting an 80 hour expansion in the middle of this one? It's the same problem I had with White March in Pillars of Eternity.

I Guess because people would freak out over reused assets and such in a new story line, that and is this not a 1-2 person operation? I suspect not enough resources to make a new game in a reasonable amount of time. Look at how long it has been for just this expansion.
Don't get me wrong it is a hell of a pile of fun and I have 200+ h playing various builds but not sure if I will restart another play through. Just so many other games to get to in the back log.

Is it true that EA is buying Styg software?

I think it's a pretty clever move, hardly anyone tends to do real expansions anymore, but those of us that remember them truly treasure each and every one that existed for good games. Rewarding people that have bought your product is never a bad move, and tends to be extra profitable for the creators in the long term.

I think it's a pretty clever move, hardly anyone tends to do real expansions anymore, but those of us that remember them truly treasure each and every one that existed for good games. Rewarding people that have bought your product is never a bad move, and tends to be extra profitable for the creators in the long term.
Ah the old expansion days which is now called DLC. How I miss thee.:(

rokche5tpyyruvkshoup.jpg

2Q==

This old image still feels appropriate.

Bioware started it! ;)
Probably did just look at the Mass Effect Games.:p

Had no problem with DA:I as the DLC felt like full expansions at least.:)

Back
Top Bottom