Banner Saga 3 - Juno The Mender

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Banner Saga 3 has a new video about Juno the Mender.

What are menders Juno and Eyvind up to and what part will they play as the end of the saga draws near? They have proven to be powerful allies thus far, but even Juno’s own order sentenced her to death for a reason.

Does she really have your best interests at heart?

Or is she driven by a darker underlying motive? So many questions remain unanswered.
More information.

Not a great trailer but I'm really looking forward to this game. More so than other high profile releases this year. Hope others give it a chance, though I know banner saga series is not as popular here as some other games.

Ack release date is July 24. 2018 is has a lot of really good games.

Another trailer was released last month also if anyone missed it.

I still have to play parts one and two, which are sat in my Steam account. I do like the look of them. Maybe when this comes out I'll pick it up and do a run through the entire trilogy…

That might be smartest at this point, Pongo, if you've not played the first two as of yet. Wouldn't surprise me if maybe at some point they meld all three games together as they were meant to be, one coherent game. With that said, I must say that the first game is excellent, the second a bit less so, but still well worth playing.

As for me, I'll likely be playing this almost immediately after release. The first two games didn't need much patch-wise after release, and I suspect this third iteration won't need much, either.

That might be smartest at this point, Pongo, if you've not played the first two as of yet. Wouldn't surprise me if maybe at some point they meld all three games together as they were meant to be, one coherent game.
If I remember that was the plan at one point but the Stoic decided to make it into three games instead of one. It might be possible to merge all three, but it would take extra work. Then again just selling all three together in a bundle is easier.:thinking:

Speaking of Banner Saga, if you have Amazon PRime, Banner Saga 1 & 2 are free this month.

That might be smartest at this point, Pongo, if you've not played the first two as of yet. Wouldn't surprise me if maybe at some point they meld all three games together as they were meant to be, one coherent game. With that said, I must say that the first game is excellent, the second a bit less so, but still well worth playing.

As for me, I'll likely be playing this almost immediately after release. The first two games didn't need much patch-wise after release, and I suspect this third iteration won't need much, either.
I think the second is better actually. I felt like the battles were much more interesting...
The story for me was about the same quality.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I would have liked to explore the stories but I hated the combat so much that I uninstalled.

Weird, the combat is something I really appreciated and enjoyed in both Banner Saga games, and I suspect I'll also relish it in the third iteration. That's assuming nothing major is changed before then.

I enjoyed the combat, but not the requirement to manage your band and their issues, food etc. If that was deleted (or could be disabled), I'd try No 2 and 3. I just hate that management aspect (in any game). That was why I didn't get that far with No1...

I think Pladio replied at some point about my gripes, but I can't remember if he said you could do something about having to feed your band (like turning it off?) I was playing other stuff by then

I enjoyed the combat, but not the requirement to manage your band and their issues, food etc. If that was deleted (or could be disabled), I'd try No 2 and 3. I just hate that management aspect (in any game). That was why I didn't get that far with No1…
Psst Booboo you edit food and other things with a text editor or cheat codes.:shh:

But how can they live without food ?

That is something minions should manage,without the need for me to intervene - I shouldn't have to bother with such inanities. Away with you food! If I wanted a sim I'd play one - I play for story and interesting tactical combat…not "Olaf has no food. Olaf is angry. Olaf has left the warband."

I enjoyed the combat, but not the requirement to manage your band and their issues, food etc. If that was deleted (or could be disabled), I'd try No 2 and 3. I just hate that management aspect (in any game). That was why I didn't get that far with No1...

I think Pladio replied at some point about my gripes, but I can't remember if he said you could do something about having to feed your band (like turning it off?) I was playing other stuff by then
I don't remember what I said but I am sure it was very insightful :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I hated the Banner Saga 1 combat mechanics where you it was better to leave enemies weak than dead so the weak units used turns to not damage you, but if you killed them then the strong units would have more turns.

I hated the Banner Saga 1 combat mechanics where you it was better to leave enemies weak than dead so the weak units used turns to not damage you, but if you killed them then the strong units would have more turns.

I didn't like it at first, but then it's just part of the tactics.
It's better to weaken the units to the point where they cannot damage you.

Essentially, I was thinking of it like a berserker mechanism whereby you and your enemies would be quicker when their allies died. Apparently some people play with smaller squads even to take advantage of this mechanism.

Yeah, the whole turn order shenanigans didn't sit right with me either, the best enemy should always be a dead enemy. I still enjoyed the game though and have been meaning to pick up part 2.

Has anyone played them on a mobile device? It might be a better platform if I ever get around to playing them, the backlog on the PC combied with too little time for playing on it makes that option much more unlikely.

Neither of the first games were sheer gaming perfection, but they were fun and truly involved me in the story and the journey. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing some combat changes for this third game, and possibly other improvements as well. I suspect it won't happen, though.

Back
Top Bottom