Weird West - Journey Trailer

Hope this will be better than Hard West.

Is that a book series, JFarrell71? I'm a sucker for a good western!!!

It's an RPG, mostly, though I know there are comics and there might be novels too. There is at least fiction (some of the adventure were released in a "dime novel" format, half short story, half game stuff). It's a horror/western hybrid, much like this game.

Definitely in the mood for a western RPG.

I've been wanting a Western RPG for years, but this isn't exactly it. This looks like they just slapped a Western theme on a Diablo clone.

Not that it looks bad or anything. I'm just not a big fan of isometric RPGs with real-time combat. I'd be way more interested if it was TB or RTwP.

Hard West was pretty good, from what I remember. It took a bit to grow on me initially, yet once I understood how things functioned, I quite enjoyed it. I might need to replay that at some point, it's been over five and half years since I completed it, if I remember right.

I've been wanting a Western RPG for years, but this isn't exactly it. This looks like they just slapped a Western theme on a Diablo clone.

Not that it looks bad or anything. I'm just not a big fan of isometric RPGs with real-time combat. I'd be way more interested if it was TB or RTwP.

Same, but I see enough to keep tracking it.

Not sure why people keep bringing up Hard West. That wasn't similar to this at all besides the theme.

Is that a book series, JFarrell71? I'm a sucker for a good western!!!
JFarrell71 already answered but it started out as a rule-book for a western based RPG.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands
Not sure why people keep bringing up Hard West. That wasn't similar to this at all besides the theme.

Correct the main developer is Raphaël Colantonio. He's well known for the dishonored games. This time he combined Diablo with the Immersive sim genre. I hope he pulls it off.

Also it's an action based game and based off the videos so is the combat.

Hard West was pretty good, from what I remember. It took a bit to grow on me initially, yet once I understood how things functioned, I quite enjoyed it. I might need to replay that at some point, it's been over five and half years since I completed it, if I remember right.

Hard West nailed most things pretty well, BUT the episodic nature of the story killed every sense of progression and took out a huge incentive for playing for me.

Similar title ? ;)

Is this RTS, by the way ?
I cannot see any TBS in the video ? I guess that it wasn't there as a design decision.

Since Desperados I'm waiting for a TBS Western RPG.

Edit : I see now that Hard West was TBS ... I guess I should wishlist it now ...

Yeah Darkheart, that was part of my biggest outstanding issue with the game. Even after accepting that's just the way it was, it was still never an easy or really comfortable game to play, at least for me. Alrik, it's a really tough, fun game, should you go for it just be aware that it takes some time to really understand and make some progress in. It's got a serious learning curve, and I say that not trying to offend anyone.

Is this RTS, by the way ?
I cannot see any TBS in the video ? I guess that it wasn't there as a design decision.

Afaik, it's a real-time action-RPG, like Diablo, Grim Dawn, etc.

The visual style sets it apart though. You don't usually see cel-shading in a game like this. Also, rather than a single story about a character, there will apparently be five different characters that you play with interconnected stories.

As an ARPG, here's hoping that it isn't just hack'n'slash but is led by strong narrative and a appropriately tense horror atmosphere. That's what sold Deadlands to me back when it was d20.

I'm not too optimistic about this so far. Seeing how a pretty much story-less EA ARPG managed to storm to #3 on steam this week (no news on that one here on the Watch, I think), that seems to be the way to go these days...

Seeing how a pretty much story-less EA ARPG managed to storm to #3 on steam this week (no news on that one here on the Watch, I think), that seems to be the way to go these days..

Which game are you referring to? I did't see any EA games in the top 10.

EA (here) = Early Access ;)
It's an oddity called "She Will Punish Them"... be aware, you cannot unsee!

Yeah, shame this is a shooty bang-bang. Otherwise I'd have been into it.

EA (here) = Early Access ;)
It's an oddity called "She Will Punish Them"… be aware, you cannot unsee!

I knew what you meant by EA. That game reached #3 last week? That's surprising considering it was released in April, 2020.

And yeah, it looks like tripe.

Back
Top Bottom