Gaming BS of the week

Forgive me anyone who's from Spain here. But it's a country historically responsible for most atrocious crimes against humanity, it's a country that still tortures and kills animals for fun and enjoyment.
From such a country an anonymous is calling others nazi? Point on a thorn that doesn't even exist without cleaning your own pile of logs? Absolute bs.

Cancelling the appearance is the best move possible.

NVIDIA’s new NDA attacks journalistic work

Original article in German at heise.de.

The gist:
nvidia sent an NDA to many journalists on June 20th for them to sign until June 22nd, with extensive requirements.

- pertains to all information Nvidia discloses to the recipients, not just a particular product as is usual
- "Recipient shall use Confidential Information solely for the benefit of NVIDIA (..)" (no negative press allowed? The term "solely for the benefit of" may be boilerplate stuff though and simply means that both parties have entered a binding agreement/contract to do (or not to do) 'X')
- "Notwithstanding the expiration of this Agreement, Recipient's obligations with respect to Confidential Information shall expire five (5) years after the date of its disclosure to the Recipient." (5 years is a really long time in tech)
- "protection of information constituting a trade secret shall never expire" (so if nvidia says something is a trade secret, journalists may never talk about it)

And if you don't sign the NDA you'll get cut out of the information loop.

Last edited:
I would think such a broad agreement would be illegal in some corners of the arse....

The gist:
nvidia sent an NDA to many journalists on June 20th for them to sign until June 22nd, with extensive requirements.

- pertains to all information Nvidia discloses to the recipients, not just a particular product as is usual
- "Recipient shall use Confidential Information solely for the benefit of NVIDIA (..)" (no negative press allowed? The term "solely for the benefit of" may be boilerplate stuff though and simply means that both parties have entered a binding agreement/contract to do (or not to do) 'X')
- "Notwithstanding the expiration of this Agreement, Recipient's obligations with respect to Confidential Information shall expire five (5) years after the date of its disclosure to the Recipient." (5 years is a really long time in tech)
- "protection of information constituting a trade secret shall never expire" (so if nvidia says something is a trade secret, journalists may never talk about it)

Anthem Producer Blames Zelda for Andromeda's Failure

Of all possible scapegoats, Mark Darrah finds mediocre Nintendo Gameboy cooking simulator with fragile equipment to blame.
If I didn't see this, I wouldn't believe it.

The gist:

NVidia seems to be inspired by the baheviour of several "strongmen". Someone at the top there seems to want to imitate them.

https://wccftech.com/bioware-try-experimental-projects-future/
Bioware may be looking at doing experimental projects in the future, as mentioned by General Manager Casey Hudson and Executive Producer Mark Darrah in a video interview published by Game Informer.
If you read between lines it's pretty much clear. More phone garbageware from EA incoming. This time, with Bioware "sticker".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/take...those-that-want-everything-for-free/#comments
Take-Two CEO tries to justify microtransactions in NBA 2K; “we can’t really help those that want everything for free”
For those who don't know, NBA 2K are fullpriced games, not socalled free2play.
As in similar cases of extremely greedy CEO, their mantra is that $60 means free. Sadly, some people still pay for obvious scams and feed those CEOs delusions.

Of all possible scapegoats, Mark Darrah finds mediocre Nintendo Gameboy cooking simulator with fragile equipment to blame.
If I didn't see this, I wouldn't believe it.
Oh BioWare how far you have fallen.:petting:

It seems he also wants BioWare to make more smaller & experimental games.

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-would-like-to-make-smaller-more-experimental-games/

Joxer posted a different link above with the info also.
For those who don't know, NBA 2K are fullpriced games, not socalled free2play.As in similar cases of extremely greedy CEO, their mantra is that $60 means free. Sadly, some people still pay for obvious scams and feed those CEOs delusions.
Thought I seen it all when a CEO calls a $60 Dollar game free, and insult buyers who want the full game/content instead. What are we in bizarro world lately?
“Unquestionably we pay attention to consumer response because we’re so focused on engaging and captivating and entertaining the consumer. Any time we get feedback that is anything less than 1000 percent positive, we stop and say, what should we do differently? I think there’s a small sliver of the consumer base that basically wants everything for free, we can’t really help those people. I think most consumers just want a fair deal and we do think that part of a fair deal is, you know when you get the check at the end of the meal, it’s not enough that the food tasted good, it has to be a fair deal for what you got. So we’re very focused on it being more than a fair deal, we want to give consumers much more than they paid for.”

Last edited:

What is exactly that BS here? That they dare to go to court with broken products?
Or that one scamming company sues another scamming company? Or everything is BS here?

suing for a broken game = BS
Bethesda = scamming BS
Warner = copy scamming BS
phonegames = BS

?
:)

-------------------------
Another statement…

"We have a lot of dad-ification in games now. Father-son stories," says game writer Rihanna Pratchett.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/its-time-for-video-game-stories-about-kick-ass-mom/1100-6458782/

Some of you (joxer?) would probably call it BS. How many father-son stories we really have in games? Ok. But…. she was able to top that with this comment and that is really "BS of the week" IMHO.

"there are so many father stories being explored in games. There are very few mother stories. Mothers-- and THIS GOES FOR FILM AND TV AS WELL AS GAMES --they often tend to be absent or dead or missing."

So there are much more fathers in all those TV shows and movies - mothers are mostly non-existent?? Really? And this comes from a writer! :roll: :sarcasticclap:

Last edited:
That research will need a few more months to finalize. When it does I expect from Australia to step onto serpent's head too.
But why is that here? Lootboxes are gambling, even a blind person can see that. Researching it's practice and effects by official channels is not BS.

https://kotaku.com/sources-google-is-planning-a-game-platform-that-could-1827217387
Sources: Google Is Planning A Game Platform That Could Take On Xbox And PlayStation
Are those "sources" BSing or not, choose yourself.
Google has enough money to develop games and hold them hostage on their possible upcoming console which is horror by itself, on the other hand just it's appearance could strike a death wound to all consoles. But… Does the market need another false justification to sell overpriced plastics in form of mushrooms?

……………………………………………………………………………………………:rolleyes:

They just never learn.:shakefist:

Another video this week about Polygon's BS Political Game Agenda.

Really getting tired of this shit in my games.

Seems no one can play games just for fun anymore.:roll:

I play games for fun every day. What a website has to say about games never affects my enjoyment of them.

https://kotaku.com/sources-google-is-planning-a-game-platform-that-could-1827217387

Are those "sources" BSing or not, choose yourself.
Google has enough money to develop games and hold them hostage on their possible upcoming console which is horror by itself, on the other hand just it's appearance could strike a death wound to all consoles. But… Does the market need another false justification to sell overpriced plastics in form of mushrooms?
Yeah just like how Apple Tv's were going to change TV watching. Anyway seems everybody wants to start their own game or streaming service nowadays.
I play games for fun every day. What a website has to say about games never affects my enjoyment of them.
You must live in a bubble then as these topics are on every news site. Maybe I'll cut my internet connection again, and go climb back into the old man cave for solitude .

Anyway those articles are straight up plain BS, but the comments are hilarious.:lol:

ab62b183ab378a5963afcf08dd809073.jpg

What news I'm interested in (announcements, gameplay videos, patch notes, etc.) I find here and on similar sites. When I'm in the mood for opinion pieces an advertisements I visit those 'news' sites. And I'm never in such mood. Literally. I value more opinions of friends and fellow forum users than someone who is paid to express them (and that includes youtubers). As a side effect, I only hear opinions about games and not about current political situation.

If it isn't in text form, I don't care myself. Pictures I might look at, video clips I never do, I learned not to do that like almost twenty years ago. I don't like unknown people screeching at me. =p

If it isn't in text form, I don't care myself. Pictures I might look at, video clips I never do, I learned not to do that like almost twenty years ago. I don't like unknown people screeching at me. =p
I'm the opposite nowadays rather watch an interview video then read an article.:)

Though I agree about the screeching on some YouTube channels.

EA again. Sorry, no text form.

EA Says Gamers Don't Know What They Want to Justify Butchering of Command & Conquer

There are people here on forum who still hope Anthem won't be a disaster. It's good to be an optimist. But each new statement coming from EA is such a bullshit I just can't see how in such a workplace climate a decent employee can develop anything good.

Back
Top Bottom