Elder Scrolls Online - Update 3 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
ZeniMax Online has released the next update for Elder Scrolls Online, and posted information on the games website with the changes.

Update 3 is Live!

Update 3 has arrived on the live servers today, bringing more customization, mercantile opportunities, and fixes to ESO. Let’s take a look at the highlights.

The dye system is here, giving you the chance to add a personal touch to your armor. New dyes are earned by completing achievements, and dyes for those you’ve already finished will already be unlocked for you. Dyeing your armor is as simple as approaching a dye station and selecting your favorite color scheme. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Guilds have good reasons to be excited about the update, too. Guild leaders can now create custom guild ranks and design their own guild tabard. There are tons of icons, colors, and tabard shapes available, so pick your favorites and put your guild’s identity on display. There’s more: guild stores can now be found throughout Tamriel. On a weekly basis, your guild can bid on one of these locations. If you win, your guild’s store will be available to the public, and you’ll make some gold from the sales!

As always, plenty of fixes and improvements are packed in along with the new features. To get all the details, read the full patch notes. We hope you enjoy the update, and we can’t wait to see what you think. See you in Tamriel!
More information.

This isn't promising for post-release content additions when they lead off with color choices for armor. I was wondering what kind of changes they might make before release on Xbox One, and now I don't think this game is going to change much.

I really haven't played an MMO before though. Is it standard that nothing much changes for $15 a month until you pay for a $60 expansion?

What a boring update. Yeah Zenimax has been infected by same disease of terrible post-release support of Bethesda. I mentioned Bethesda's terrible post-release support of all of their games a couple weeks ago in another thread. it's like they now have five or maybe ten developers working on these ESO patches or something. All the rest are working on other games or developing an expansion. Cha-ching.

Way to go Zenimax! Fucking about with dyes and ranks but but leaving what's really broken as it was?

Patch isn't too interesting - though I'm a big fan of armor customization and dyes are great for that. The guild thing isn't for me, so that's meh. They've done a lot of phasing fixes, though, which is great.

The train is slowly turning around, which is nice. I've seen a lot of positive posts on MMORPG lately, which used to be the center of hatred - much like it was with SWtOR and countless others.

The usual hate-train lasts for a few months.

The love-child Wildstar got hailed and praised - and now people are slowly getting that it's just another meh WoW-clone and they finally realised they don't want to replay WoW, though the initial excitement told them differently. Also, people shockingly don't think it's fantastic having to gather 40 people and have coordinating countless noobs be the primary challenge in a raid. Took them long enough. It was cool with your first MMO experience - because back then we still believed a single MMO could be THE MMO - and last for years.

In around 3-6 months, ESO will considered a strong contender for being one of the best current MMOs. Only the ignorant few who can't handle having been wrong will insist it's not.

People who actually play it are reporting quest glitches are fixed and the group phasing issues are getting to the point where it's not a problem. They still need some work there, though, I suspect.

I've resubbed and I'm having fun with the excellent quests and writing. The combat is stronger, especially with melee weapons. I never had many issues, though - and I don't blow things out of proportion - as I prefer reality. I used to have some sound glitches - with the sounds cutting off at random, and that's gone. The music is finally playing consistently - and the EU ping times are much better - though it doesn't really make that much of a difference in combat. I expected more.

This last patch introduced a bow bug, though, which is pissing me off. They better fix that but quick.

Back
Top Bottom