Non-RPG General News - Top 10 Games from the 70's

Pong was the most important video game ever made & came out 45 years ago.

It basically launched the video game industry as we know it today.

Honestly, I probably played those portable football games more than anything else back in the seventies. Anyone remember those, running and passing with floating blips? Now that was high-end tech!
Haha, yes. First ones with only a few LEDs, then there was a whole series of LCD like those (apparently Nintendo already):

I remember enjoying all of these in my childhood but I tried some of them a couple years ago using emulators and can’t agree that they are still a blast today. I got bored almost immediately.

Indeed. About 10 years ago I bought a plug'n'play random console that had about 50 classic games on it, space invaders, galaga et al, but yeah, got very bored of it very quickly and, heck, I can't even remember how I disposed of it.

Haha, yes. First ones with only a few LEDs, then there was a whole series of LCD like those (apparently Nintendo already):

I had a solar powered Bandai sub-attack game when I was a kid. Can you imagine, no batteries and no plugging in & it worked even when cloudy. It had a level which was similar to the submarine game in the vid.

Whatever happened to solar powered technology eh. I sold it relatively recently after about 35 years of it just sitting in a cupboard & it worked as perfectly as when it was bought.

That was a Bandai game.

Back
Top Bottom