What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

This one?

Yea, it's stupid, it's boring and it doesn't bring anything new to the genre. Any genre. Feels like lazyarsed job to milk some more $ from the fanbase.

Put it on ignorelist.

Yeah, that last one felt like a straight-to-dvd movie that somehow got a big budget.

Mortal Engines could have been good. Character development failure really. It was pretty incompetent.

Well the stories are kind of sucky but I like the cast. You can tell when a company invests in a good story. Never understood why these mega buck movies can't spend a few dollars on a decent writer (mortal engine had that issue).

The original Jurassic Park was pretty cool back in 1993. Now they're just milking the franchise to death, and the newer sequels seem pretty bad.

Yup till this day I can enjoy the first Jurassic Park film, but that one I tried watching the other night had nothing in common with the original. Or maybe it did later in the movie, but I gave up after ten or fifteen minutes and went back to watching my Game of Thrones marathon.

I know what JDR will be doing this sum... erm, fall:

What!! No-one has written about what a great fun blast Captain Marvel is??!! Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Nope wont watch it as I hate Brie Larson. If she is the future of marvel films don't think I will watch them anymore. Anyway decided to watch Alita: Battle Angel instead.

Loved it as I was a fan of the anime version.

Honestly I don't care about any of those two. Will watch them sometime in the future probably, but have no strength to endure that stuff now. A usual, most of the time just as now my brain needs quality thrillers. New or old, doesn't matter as long as I haven't seen it already. Everything else can wait.

I'm pretty certain I'll detest the Captain Marvel movie. Firstly, the casting is totally off, the lead should be a good ten to fifteen years older. The most vivid adventure I can recall for Ms. Marvel is her confrontation with Rogue in an Avengers special, and I'm not even sure if Ms. Marvel is the protagonist here! I think they're skipping over all her early development, which is a travesty because its the basis on which everything else follows. Captain Marvel, to me at least, is Monica Rambeau, which I doubt this film will even acknowledge. I'll likely check it out when it makes its way to HBO at some point.

I'm pretty certain I'll detest the Captain Marvel movie. Firstly, the casting is totally off, the lead should be a good ten to fifteen years older. The most vivid adventure I can recall for Ms. Marvel is her confrontation with Rogue in an Avengers special, and I'm not even sure if Ms. Marvel is the protagonist here! I think they're skipping over all her early development, which is a travesty because its the basis on which everything else follows. Captain Marvel, to me at least, is Monica Rambeau, which I doubt this film will even acknowledge. I'll likely check it out when it makes its way to HBO at some point.
Yep the character she played was better known as Ms Marvel or better yet Warbird. Her new run as Captain Marvel has not been accepted well by most comic fans.:nod:

Seems to be the fate of most comic characters nowadays.:(

That was a major mistake by the creators, then. Had they used the Ms. Marvel name/title, there would have been far less confusion and I suspect more people would have paid to see this in a theatre. I'm pretty sure I would have!

I think comics are on their way out anyways, to be honest. The way Diamond used to do business back in the eighties and nineties wasn't sustainable by most shop owners, and I bet it's far worse now.

Yeah the old way of printed comics and local store industry is on the way out. Nowadays digital & complete editions sell more over the old way of single issue releases.

So negative; see the movie and then judge.

What I want to know is why Couch hates Brie Larsen!! :)

I watched Je ne suis pas un homme facile, I am not an easy man.
After walking into a lamp post while looking at a lady, the main character, a guy, wakes up in a world where women dominate the world.
I expected too much, I guess, for I found it rather disappointing. They could have done more than just turning around stereotypes.

Most memorable scenes: the guy walking with tight muscular shaved legs in a hot variation of a skirt suit, a shorts suit. I definetely hope that will be fashionable one of these days. And him having a neat rectangular runway of chest hair on a otherwise shaved chest.

Back
Top Bottom