Best tax software

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
What's the best do-it-yourself tax program? I haven't done my own taxes in years, but I'm thinking about doing them this year.

Turbotax is very annoying. Don't use that unless you like having to click "no thank you" on literally every page as they try to sell you extra services.

I use Taxcut. It's a'ight.

Been using H&R Block Taxcut since it was Kiplinger's in the early 90's. Easy to use, thorough, and I've never been audited. Can't ask for much more than that

Damn Federal finally accepted my return. They owe me $3,200.

Edit: Anyway I settled with E-file.com as the other sites didn't cover the missed economic rebates. It's sad how some sites are not user friendly for low income on SSD filers.

Last edited:
Late to the party, but been using TurboTax forever so just keep on going … don’t have any issues either, never audited, and things always make sense. (As much as they ever do!)

I've heard good things on Turbotax, never used it myself yet remember friends and some co-workers at my credit union being well pleased with the software, including the results afterwards. It's good for folks to have options!

I used to use Turbo Tax but at some point they wanted to charge me so I switched to FreeTaxUSA a few years ago. Works well enough for me w/o much hassle. They do charge for state tax though so I use my state's own free site for that.

Back
Top Bottom