Titan Outpost - Core Systems Done

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Titan Outpost is an isometric, single-player RPG set on Titan. The latest update shows off some screenshots and reports that all core systems are in place and ready for testing.

Features

Titan Outpost is an isometric, single-player role-playing game set on Titan, the sixth moon of the planet Saturn. Humanity is engulfed in an energy crisis and you are there to harvest the moon's precious resources and uncover its mysteries.

There is no combat in the game. Titan itself is your biggest enemy and your character will need to use a variety of skills to handle missions. In an atmosphere so uninvitingly cold that methane is a liquid, every choice matters and every step counts.

• The PICA character system features four attributes -Physical, Intelligence, Charisma and Awarenss- and six skills, ranging from science to exploration.
  • Branching storylines and multiple quest solutions.
  • Discrete time system, where every passing second determines unfolding events and the game world continues while your character sleeps. The game would be considered turn-based if it had combat.
  • Logistical elements , think original Dune adventure meets the strategic layer of X-com.
  • A rich backstory with a combination of realistic science-fiction and cold war tension.
  • Over twenty locations, a hundred if you count all the lakes.
  • Build and expand your base, it's not called Titan Outpost for nothing.
  • Research exciting new technologies, ranging from new ways to keep warm, generating more power or making Titan ever so slightly more like Earth.
  • Multiple factions: You can decide to join the Chinese, work for independent contractors or stay loyal to your employer.
  • 70s aesthetic.
More information.

This seems to be mostly an adventure with a little strategy and a few RPG elements.
I do not really get how this relates to "Fallout, Arcanum, Betrayal at Krondor and more recent releases like Age of Decadence" as noted in the 2017 announcement.

Still may be interesting.

Add romances and I'll buy. Orgies, well, I won't push for that in non AAA.
Otherwise… It's just another survival clone only crpgnut plays.

No combat? Can we play Tetris or Pong within the game or something? The concept eludes me, so I'll watch and see what others think of this.

Hmmm. In theory I don't mind the idea of a game bring without combat, if RPG elements (stats etc) and story are strong and they find a different way to add tension. In theory, anyway - not sure about in practice! I'll keep an eye on it, could be interesting.

Count me as interested and its on my list of game to watch.

Back
Top Bottom