FOnline2 - A Free Indie Fallout MMO

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I received news of a free Fallout MMO game called FOnline2 from the games developer Jacek Karpiñski. So as usual here is a video, and brief description of the game.

Fallout fans can take a trip down memory lane and fight, co-operate, and discover their way through a brand new world using the original Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 setup, taking place in year 2237, just 4 years before events known from Fallout 2 took place. Enjoy the game through the main quest line or just take your time and mind your own business. Form a player faction and get recruits, get bases and cars, craft items, trade with NPCs or other players by setting your own shop or just go solo and fight your way through the various dungeons. Want to be a thief, a sniper, a big-gunner, or scientist? No problem, it's all up to you. Tailor your character to your play style. FOnline 2 is offering deep PvP experience. Calculate your moves, use strategy and tactics, in order to be the last man standing during Turn-Base fights in random encounters all over the Wasteland, or take part in massive Real-Time battles between rival factions in order to take control over the towns and profit from the tributes.
More information.

Last edited:
Whoa. So it is real. I almost didn't believe the email.

They've even got the catchy Two Steps From Hell trailer music. ;)

This is not new, servers for Fonline have been around for years. And from the comments of the players they are all pretty brutal with players with levels and good gear hunting around those with none. Griefing that WoW players at early years of WoW would not be ashamed of.

I read how people would camp near some popular merchants just out of sight and murder (with miniguns) all newbies as they would come to trade.
You have been warned :)

Kind of like DayZ but with miniguns and plasma weapons :D

I never said it was new just that I got news about the game from the developer. To clarify I never heard of the game either till the site received the e-mail.:)

Well my post was more for anyone reading the post and not knowing the background, I was not criticising you. You are a perfect potato ;)

Well my post was more for anyone reading the post and not knowing the background, I was not criticizing you. You are a perfect potato ;)
And I thank you for the compliment as they say flattery will get you everywhere on this site. So can you recommend I give the game/mod a try, or skip it?

And I thank you for the compliment as they say flattery will get you everywhere on this site. So can you recommend I give the game/mod a try, or skip it?
Be sure to try it, from what I read it is a pretty unique experience. Just be sure you don't mind people murdering you for no reason but you being there :)
But I am sure there are factions that don't shoot newbies or unaligned on sight.

The game has a functional "radio". I remember reading how there was a group of players that were that game's Desert Rangers. Players would call for help on radio and these Rangers would go to the location to save the newbies from griffers.

The servers and game is run by Russians or some Eastern Europeans, so I don't know how terrible latency is going to be for anyone that is not in EU.

Toff: PvP all the time is why I won't play games like DayZ, Nether, or Infestation. They may be fun in concept, but they've morphed into A-holes camping out at spawn points or loot sites just to pick off and prey on newbs. I was under the perhaps mistaken impression that the games were supposed to be Zombie survival games, not gang warfare.
The Long Dark looks like it has potential. I hope it doesn't go the PvP route. I prefer PvE.

Back
Top Bottom