Pricewatch!

Rumour has it, that the steam summer sales start 23 June…

I see the GOG summer sale has just started, has a couple of good RPG bundles up already.
Am definitely going to pick up the one containing Forgotten Realms - The Archives - Collection One, Two & Three, Dungeons & Dragons: Krynn Series, Ravenloft Series & Dark Sun Series, Al Qadim & D&D Stonghold for a mere £15, that's a bargain even if I already own some of them.

And they're giving out System Shock for the next 46 hrs in order to stress test the GoG Galaxy client

Edit: ooops System Shock 2, I meant…

Last edited:
Also on GOG next 46 hours:
SYSTEM SHOCK 2 GIVEAWAY Ends in: 46:01:42

Help us stress test the GOG Galaxy client. Visit this page through the client to claim and download your free game.

I already have it there, but those who don't...

Also on GOG next 46 hours:

SYSTEM SHOCK 2 GIVEAWAY Ends in: 46:01:42

Help us stress test the GOG Galaxy client. Visit this page through the client to claim and download your free game.

I already have it there, but those who don't…

I played SS2 vanilla version years ago. Does it have some graphics-enhancement mod you can recommend me?

Last edited:
Lords of Xulima - 70% on GOG.

Buy the deluxe Edition though. While it doesn't contain a lot, the trinket is a nice additional gameplay aspect which rewards exploration more than the normal game does.

XCom2 got discounted by 33% on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/268500

I need an info here. Is it over with DLC spam? I mean if I buy deluxe version for 44€ do I get the complete game or there is still wait for some DLC garbage?
I know some people here bought XCom2 when it wasn't complete, so please help!

Don't want to be the partypooper again but: There are always cheaper deals than steam.

But that doesn't mean that they are legit. Optiumpulses is likely another unauthorized reseller.

So I welcome steam and gog links instead of these.

That said, Opiumpulses themself claim to be authorized and not on the grey market:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/7XUkD/opium-pulses-the-bureau-xcom-declassified-only-050-033

keyradar.com however lists them as not authorized. So while I go with that, I agree that this might be a little thin. And then again, you might not care at all how the key got to you.

I don't post links to online stores unless I've purchased from them myself. While that doesn't prove that they're "authorized", I can at least confirm their reliability.

Don't want to be the partypooper again but: There are always cheaper deals than steam.

But that doesn't mean that they are legit. Optiumpulses is likely another unauthorized reseller.

So I welcome steam and gog links instead of these.

That said, Opiumpulses themself claim to be authorized and not on the grey market:
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/7XUkD/opium-pulses-the-bureau-xcom-declassified-only-050-033

keyradar.com however lists them as not authorized. So while I go with that, I agree that this might be a little thin. And then again, you might not care at all how the key got to you.

As long as Opiumpulses is not breaking any legal laws then they are legit... authorized or not does not come into that.

As long as Opiumpulses is not breaking any legal laws then they are legit… authorized or not does not come into that.

Legitimate doesn't necessarily mean legal. But you are right that these sites might not be illegal. Neither is using bot's or cheats in games. They might get you banned, but they might still be legal.

I am not a lawyer and I can't say for sure if these pages are actually legal or not. But it probably has a reason why most of them are based in Hong Kong.

I was asking about what's maybe the complete game.
XCom2 Deluxe edition.
It's on sale and i want the full game - if it's full game at all. So is it? Do I get everything or there are more cut out classes DLC incoming?

Opium site (I just love the name) offers the beheaded game version, not the complete. Legal or not, I don't want to buy halfproduct.

XCom2 Deluxe edition.
It's on sale and i want the full game - if it's full game at all. So is it? Do I get everything or there are more cut out classes DLC incoming?

Opium site (I just love the name) offers the beheaded game version, not the complete. Legal or not, I don't want to buy halfproduct.
I know another DLC will be released this summer, and a console version that was just announced for September. So if you wait a complete PC version might get released.

Firaxis Games might even make another full expansion like XCOM: Enemy Within.

XCom2 Deluxe edition.

I know another DLC will be released this summer, and a console version that was just announced for September. So if you wait a complete PC version might get released.

Firaxis Games might even make another full expansion like XCOM: Enemy Within.

To Joxer and others who might be interested in buying this game,

XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition is, up until now, the most complete XCOM 2 pack available. It comes with full base game + soundtrack + XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack, which in turn does contain (from Steam page):

. Anarchy’s Children: Rebellion-themed content with more dramatic soldier customizations. Now Available.
. ALIEN HUNTERS introduces new soldier customizations and gameplay themed around XCOM as an elite alien hunting unit. Face off against “Ruler” aliens with new, more powerful weapons and armor. Experience a new dramatic mission & confrontation. Now Available.
. SHEN’S LAST GIFT introduces a new soldier class with unique upgradeable weapons, armor and customization features, and a new narrative-driven mission and map. (To be released in Summer 2016)

My notes and observations:

. Anarchy's Children only brings more customization options. New clothes, new haircuts, more hats/helmets, new armor patterns, etc. It doesn't have any real, meaty, game content.
. I finished the game once (before Firaxis released Alien Hunters DLC) and I didn't replay it yet because I am awating for Shen's Last Gift to play it alongside Alien Hunters. Alien Hunters DLC was reviewed by few websites, below are some links:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/13/xcom-2-alien-hunters-review

http://www.gamecrate.com/review-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc-adds-entertaining-new-curveballs/13569

. Alien Hunters DLC introduces new mission, alien bosses, armors and weapons, but does not add any new (or cut out :) ) soldier classes, while Shen's Last Gift will add (note: until now there is no word on Shen's Last Gift release date - the Steam page only says "Summer 2016", of course it will be before or after the Steam Summer Sales).

. Firaxis never said they are done with the game. As Couchpotato pointed, they might or might not make a full expansion. I personally wanna more XCOM 2 right now :) but, at the same time, the official site says XCOM 2 will available to PS4/Xbox One on September 6th, so I bet if Firaxis were to announce a big new expansion/DLC probably they'll do after this console release, maybe to avoid hurt sales at release.

. I really liked the game, it is very good indeed. Of course, to each his own, every taste is a matter of opinion, etc etc but I really think the game deserves the Metacritic score it currently sports.

Henrique

Last edited:
That link doesn't work on my side.
In any case it's -75% off (5€ or $5) in Ubi store which should have been the release price for that unoptimized (CPU hammer) garbage. IMO that game, at least on PC, is not worth more than that.

That link doesn't work on my side.
In any case it's -75% off (5€ or $5) in Ubi store which should have been the release price for that unoptimized (CPU hammer) garbage. IMO that game, at least on PC, is not worth more than that.

The link I posted from UK store. Just add the game to your basket then the price in your case should come down to $2.5. If that happens its still cheaper than $5 which you think what this game should be :p

Black Flag is an awesome game IMHO. It has some minor performance issues if you play it with PhysX enabled but it's totally playable and the dips in fps usually only happen in sea combat when there is a lot of smoke from the cannons (with PhysX it's like every single smoke particle gets rendered separately :rolleyes: ).

I played this on a 780Ti back in the day. It definitely does not hurt to have a powerful GPU to enjoy it in all its glory but maxed out it definitely is very glorious looking compared to the very similar Rogue which was a graphical downgrade from Black Flag.

Back
Top Bottom