Dungeons of Dredmor - New Video

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Getter77 continues his campaign to champion roguelikes, sending us this video of Dungeons of Dredmor. This is a full graphical indie roguelike (including animated characters) with an obvious sense of humour. I'm a sucker for a midi soundtrack and, I must say, this looks like fun. The feature list is below, the Gaslamp Games page for details and the video at Youtube. Dungeons of Dredmor is due in April.

• Classic Roguelike gameplay with the sweet, refreshing taste of point-and-click interfaces. No longer must you press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-x to drink a potion.
  • Randomly generated dungeons entice you with the sweet, sweet promises of treasure and … things.
  • Old-school pixel goodness. Face lovingly hand-animated monsters and enjoy the great taste of beautiful, individually rendered items on top of a sea of gorgeous, potent tilework.
  • Achievements so impossible that you’ll never even figure out what they ARE, never mind how to get them.
  • Infinite replay value: choose from a selection of mind-boggling skills to create your character. A new gameplay experience awaits every time!
  • Did we mention there’s lutefisk?
More information.

Gah, isometric or top-down, not these strange and confusing tilted-yet-flat things. Nice animation though ;-)

Hi, I'm guybrush threepwood and I want to be a roguelike. :)

Looks like it could be fun. I love roguelikes but I hate ascii graphics. Last ascii graphics game I played was Kingdom of Kroz on my 286 laptop with 20MB HDD and 1MB ram.

I play loads of dungeon crawl stone soup tiles, which I consider the best of them.

Got a 21 mountain dwarf of trog going atm just hunting for his 3rd rune now :D

Will keep an eye on this one, anyway. Or you can for me, woot RPGwatch! :)

I like the perspective much, much more than the real top-down from Driftmoon.

Damn. Someone beat me to making first modern interface roguelike (except that one by Blizzard)

Never mind. I am doing something that has completely innovative interface and gameplay for roguelikes.

Damn. Someone beat me to making first modern interface roguelike (except that one by Blizzard)

Never mind. I am doing something that has completely innovative interface and gameplay for roguelikes.

Awesome, please keep us in the loop as your release looms and such. More the merrier!

This is a lot like elona....should check that out.

Back
Top Bottom