What games are you playing now?

I just finished Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, which is the only game I've played during the few last months. It was ok, but the first game was so much better. Maybe the novelty wore off, but I think the cases just weren't exciting enough this time.

Easter break has seen me return a little to some gaming:

- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (Just passed Iron Keep at level 102 with Eldric, my resurrected dex build from the first game. Good fun!)

- Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition: Just started taking a look at the Black Pits 2. I guess I'm getting a little warmed up for Siege of Dragonspear. :) I'm up to around the 13th fight. It's an improvement upon the first part given the additional sub-plots and thin veneer of story upon what is basically just a sequence of encounters. It's nice to have other npcs join battles for a fee. Still, I found the similarly themed fights in Blackguards more challenging at times, but that could be due to greater familiarity with AD&D.
Also, I'm not done yet and I suspect there will be a reload or two as they get ToB levels of harder. :)

- Lords of the Fallen
The combat is very floaty and imprecise compared to Dark Souls, but it is nonetheless quite atmospheric and I intend to persist with it. I'm only up to the third boss or so.

Fall of the Dungeon Guardians:
- Fascinating and reasonably novel take in style of combat from traditional dungeon crawler hack and slash to something more icon and cool-down ability based. Seems challenging so far; hopefully the dungeon design picks up and gives an experience akin to Legend of Grimrock (which it owes alot to.)

Ahh, so many games so little time! ;)

I've just fired up Deus Ex:HR. This is about the fourth time I've tried to get into it. Everyone always speaks highly of it around here and I'm sure it's good, but I've never gotten more than a couple of hours in previously. Not sure why - something else just seems to grab my attention more. This time I'm going to nail it…

Last edited:
I've just fired up Deus Ex:HR. This is about the fourth time I've tried to get into it. Everyone always speaks highly of it around here and I'm sure it's good, but I've never gotten more than a couple of hours in previously. Not sure why - something else just seems to grab my attention more. This time I'm going to nail it…

Is there a particular places in the game where you always "abandon" it?

I'm still playing Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic, lol. One more mission to go in the campaign, then I'll be doing a few scenarios before I consider my time complete. However, I've also now started Age of Wonders II: The Wizard's Throne, so far finished three campaign missions. So far, I prefer Shadow Magic for sure, but it's early days yet.

Not very far in, to be honest. Usually towards the end of the first rescue mission - which is only about two hours or so of playing. Going through it now, I'm reminded of what put me off the last couple of times and the reasons are a bit shallow - the character models move in a Thunderbirds kinda way during cut scenes, which is distracting, and I generally don't like the way it takes you out of first person to third person for the cut scenes. Also, I find sneaking around generally hard and get killed lots (that one is my fault, clearly!) during the first mission. The background visuals are great though and I think I'll enjoy the story. I haven't ever really given it a fair chance, so here we go. Also, previous attempts were on an X360, and I'm enjoying the M&K this time. Hopefully I will post again as a convert in a couple of days....

Because a kid was around me, I fired up Hard West (finally). I mean I can't play TW3 when kids are watching, right?

Did anyone play Hard West? Hell if it's not the weirdest thing I've touched recently. And I plain love it!

(just one minor minus = checkpoints)

Star Wars battlefront 2 - hasn't aged well and I don't like it at all

Also went back to the witcher 3 which I had about mid game since around when it launched. I am really enjoying it again. One of the reasons for this new enjoyment is that I have managed to stop myself from rushing conversations

I've also tried it twice and twice abandoned it (last time in some police station IIRC), guess eventually shooters just don't do it for me.

I think I'm done with Path of Exile for now. I'm a little ways into Act 3, and I'm not motivated to go any further. The story isn't strong enough to keep me interested, and the gameplay is just too repetitive for me.

Not that it's a bad game. I think PoE is really good for what it is. I'm just not a big fan of Diablo-type aRPGs. I'll probably still give Grim Dawn a try, but I need a switch first. I might go back to FO4 for awhile.

Started a second and a third play through of Pillars Of Eternity. The first second attempt awhile back I didn't feel the game had improved enough when the first DLC came out. So I completely restarted this long weekend and I have put a lot of hours into again.

Well I think the game is now 100% better then when I played it on release. I am really enjoying all the improvements. Combat is much better, AI works now, and I noticed where before your Stronghold was sort of boring, not sure it was the way I played it the first time. This play through I am having a lot of fun with it, there seems to be a lot more to it this time.

Anyways anyone that was holding off on playing it, I can't see them releasing anything that is going to make it much more polished than what it is now.

Still playing ESO.

I seem to have lost interest in Fallout 4, although I haven't even made it into the Institute yet. Have fully explored the rest of the world though. Like that.

I suppose I am worried about managing relationships with all the factions so I can do all the quests.

The tedium of keeping track of multiple save points so I can try other options doesn't have the same appeal it used to. Especially since you can't even name your saves. :/

Last edited:
You can't do all quests in one run.
There is a major point of no return quest so you can save the game there to use for other "branches". One save. You don't need hundreds or thousands of them.

Lack of naming saves was irritating to me too. Damned console designs as they can't type letters on mushrooms.

I've been messing around with some old console favorites on emulators. Mostly Panzer Dragoon Saga on a Sega Saturn emulator and Phantasy Star Generation 1 (the remake of Phantasy Star 1) on a PS2 emulator.

Sega used to make some truly great titles.

I'm currently playing:

- Shadowrun Hong Kong mini-campaign (kinda abandoned it, go frustrated by a long fight and from the look of it I have another one to go through because I didn't max charisma or didn't build a decker/rigger, meh)

- The Secret World (spending most of my free time on this right now, makes a nice change from party based fantasy/scifi RPGs I've been playing since December…we need more contemporary settings RPGs...if possible, no MMOs)

- Dishonored (just restarted because Dishonored 2 is coming sometimes this year. The aesthetic is still totally awesome, but I'm not really (re)grabbed by the story or gameplay)

- Mass Effect 2 (I need to finish this Engineer playthrough and then do a replay of ME3 before ME:A gets released. I just go more interesting stuff to play than a 10th playthrough of ME2).

Well I haven't really played any games in a few months as I been busy with other stuff, but I finally did find some time to play two games. So here we go.:)

World in Conflict -
One of the best RTS strategy games I have ever played. Basically Russia started WW III in the 1980's, and decided to invade the US after invading Europe.

Ashes of Singularity -
A spiritual sequel to Supreme Commander with larger battles, and more bugs. It also one of the first PC game to use DX 12.

I also just purchased Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear but haven't played it yet.

Just one spot, really? Some of the guides mentioned a couple. I suppose that's to minimize replayed stuff as well?
Yes, minimize the grind to minimum.

You can shuffle between all factions but the major point will happen during a quest where you decide between BoS and Institute. The game warns you on this and that's where you make your save.
Then you'll either proceed with the quest by helping institute or you'll teleport out and warn Brotherhood.
Whichever side you choose there, you'll still be able to switch sides and go with Railroad or Minutemen. And from there you'll get just a few new quests on any side so replaying a couple is not a biggie, you really don't need another save or saves.

Back
Top Bottom