Redguard - Now available on Steam

I recently discovered a dust-covered boxed cd (or was it a DVD?) copy of Redguard in an old box of game-related stuff. I vaguely remember giving it a try,many years ago, but not for long. Hmmm...Perhaps I should give it another try..

Oooops... just remembered - I no longer have an optical disc drive of any variety in my latest pc build. But I'm not really sure if it would be worth the money nowadays to re-buy it, even given the low price.

I recently discovered a dust-covered boxed cd (or was it a DVD?) copy of Redguard in an old box of game-related stuff. I vaguely remember giving it a try,many years ago, but not for long. Hmmm…Perhaps I should give it another try..

Oooops… just remembered - I no longer have an optical disc drive of any variety in my latest pc build. But I'm not really sure if it would be worth the money nowadays to re-buy it, even given the low price.

You should just buy a USB CD drive.
That way you don't need to bother with a CD drive for the next decades ;)

Played it back in the day. Don't remember it very well, other than the impression that it was just kind of a mediocre action game trying to boost it's sales using the Elder Scrolls branding. I feel like overall reviews were poor too, but I could be wrong.

I never played this one, it might have come out during my mmo love affairs. And reading how action based it seems to be will not endear me to it.

Can't blame him really as any pre-Morrowind Bethesda game is retro. Me personally I didn't like their games that much till Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Bring on the pitchforks.:biggrin:

Redguard is a difficult game with hard puzzles and challenging combat.
Battlespire is Daggerfall on stereoids in one big dungeon.

To be fair, Reguard and Battlespire aren't really RPGs. They're more like action-adventure games, and they haven't aged particularly well.

Yeah I don't remember Redguard having any RPG elements at all.

Contrary to many coments, and behind all the frustation, I loved this game. But if it was today I would not even play it cos of the imprecise movement and input lag ( I still remember some nighmarish mushroom jumping part of the game). If you want to solve hard puzzles, get a sense of dicovering the land and secret spots, and dont mind having a sword game where the hit is based on percentage, dont mind getting annoyed at the keyboard and Really bad graphics, then this is the game for you :). In the end, and not kidding, this is the game I loved most after morrowind and Fallout 3/New vegas, of course it has aged really bad.

This game came out during a fallow period of my computer ownership and for a long time I wanted to play it. At this point I think it's been too long and its clunkiness would render it unfun, but I like adventure games and this always sounded fun to me.

Back
Top Bottom