InSomnia - New Trailer & Embargo Dropped

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Insomnia: The Ark announces that the embargo on Beta streaming has been dropped and there is a new trailer to celebrate.

Hello everyone! Today we have some cool news for you:

1. After processing more than 150 suggestions and bug reports from testers since May, we are ready to move to the next stage of beta. Starting from this very moment, anyone playing the current game build is allowed to publish any materials regarding the game online: screenshots, streams, videos, reviews etc.

2. To celebrate this event, we have prepared a new feature packed trailer:

Go to Steam for more info: http://bit.ly/2OfTRxT INSOMNIA is a dieselpunk sci-fi RPG about the slowly degrading remnants of human society attempting to survive on an abandoned space metropolis.
You can expect quite a few let's plays, streams and previews to be published in the near future, and we will try to bring your attention to the most interesting ones in upcoming updates.

3. If you've missed the news earlier, we are going to stream INSOMNIA today on our Steam page in approximately 1 hour (7pm GMT+3 / 09:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT). The link to the stream should appear at the top of the page:

We plan to demonstrate different gameplay mechanics and scenarios, as well as give away some beta keys in the process. Be there and let's have fun!
More information.

Been a long development but I can't wait for September to play the full game. Hopefully it's not delayed to 2019 like some of the other games I was looking forward to play.:nod:

I am very looking forward to this game myself. Thanks for the new trailer peek.

It's been in development so long it's been accused of being vaporware before. But I dig the setting concept and am hyped it's actually coming out! Here's hoping it's a hidden gem of 2018.

I dig the setting / visuals but I'm not so sure I'll enjoy the game. I'm a bit surprised but I did back this so I guess I'll find out.

IIRC it was supposed to be RTwP combat but may have changed to be more of an action RPG / 3rd person shooter at some point?

Even if we have to wait a bit more for it, this project has a lot of promise that many others never obtain. I look forward to trying this out some day!

IIRC it was supposed to be RTwP combat but may have changed to be more of an action RPG / 3rd person shooter at some point?
Hmm a lot has changed since it was funded on Kickstarter years ago, but the game was always action oriented even the combat. I might be wrong but here is a video from 2014.

Combat System
Developing an engaging, ergonomic combat system has always been one of the top priorities for our team. Our combat system is largely based on the real-time actions and tactics. The success of a battle primarily depends on understanding the internal game dynamics—where every action, skill or movement takes time. A thoughtful action can be more effective—and hence more time-consuming: A powerful blow would cause more damage, but it can be intercepted by a fast jab. During a fight, a character gets tired when stamina is depleted—and combat efficiency suffers. Players need to keep stamina at maximum by alternating actions and rest to avoid collapsing from exhaustion.

Last edited:
Definitely not turn based, but still interesting and thank God not my much hated realtime-pause. Hopefully will be fun.

I dig the setting / visuals but I'm not so sure I'll enjoy the game. I'm a bit surprised but I did back this so I guess I'll find out.

It was, the Kickstarter campaign pitched RTwP. Still, nice to see the game almost ready for release, let's hope it's an interesting one to play.

Yeah, I backed it after the developers assured me it was real time with pause, and mechanically more like Baldur's Gate then Diablo. I was disappointed with the change, but at least the game still seems very focused on rpg elements, and everything else I have seen has kept me positive about the final game being good.

It was, the Kickstarter campaign pitched RTwP….

BTW Devs said something about the change in old Watch interview:

https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/insomnia-interview-373.html

BTW One good quote from preview of Insomnia:

depending on which class you chose at the beginning, you have different abilities and also had a different upbringing. You can use this to your advantage, or it can lead to enemies hating you. It all comes down to how you talk to which people, what you mention to whom. Exiled people who look down on the army might be glad to know that you grew up in the slums, too, but they might also see you as a traitor. The game plays with the line of morality quite well.

This wasn't on my radar - though I vaguely remember a game that was also Steampunk inspired from years ago. I wonder if this is the same one?

Anyway, it looks good.

Agree, this looked pretty decent and I'll pick it up too when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom