The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Notes on Update 30

Looked at the iconic gnome last night on Lamannia. A few nice enhancements in the racial tree, but nothing really compelling. And it's truly ugly. Makes the Shadar-kai look nice in comparison.

It's also designed as an illusion based wizard. What can I say. A total of 2 new spells, which are really copies of existing, rarely used spells (rarely used for a reason). So, use PK as often as it comes of timer, twiddle your thumbs (looking ugly, not pretty) the rest of the time. At least you can invis yourself & hope the mobs miss you while you're waiting.

Don't know if I'll bother looking at the non-iconic gnome, as most of the classes one would use for it are apparently not functioning yet. I may hop in just to look at the racial tree.

Oh, and the Cannith crafting pass has been pushed out. Won't be in U30 after all, except for fixing things so you can deconn for essences again.

They also added a T5 AoE to AA's, but I couldn't see any effect whatsoever when I tried it on Lamannia last night. And there's a bunch of changes to the Arcano-tech arty tree. Haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

New ETR Bug

From the following thread: New ETR Bug

New bug with ETR. If you do not select your enhancements before leaving the fatespinner then you do not have a race or class to choose enhancements from. No possible place to spend enhancements. Also can't log off by choosing log off. Using Quit closed the client so cleaning up old connections now and can't log in. Wondering how this goes.

Relogging once the connections had been cleared apparently fixed it, but probably worth not risking it.

Edit: Another user reported that logging did not fix it, and that the GM ended up giving him an LR heart. He had to do an LR to fix it.

Last edited:
Warning: Don't inscribe "Conjure Bolts" scroll on your arty

Warning: Inscribing Conjure Bolt Spell will give you only +1 bolts on your arty. Be sure to take the spell during level up to have the spell give you bolts that level with you (up to +6 bolts).

Thread: Has Conjure Bolts been changed

The following explanation was given by Cordovan in a post in the thread:
Yes and no. A bit of history on this one:

For a long time the Conjure Bolts scroll simply failed to conjure bolts. The reason it was broken was that the scroll was unable to scale the enhancement bonus of the bolts based on the caster's level. We fixed this bug by having the Conjure Bolts scroll only conjure +1 bolts. The current bug is that if you learn Conjure Bolts on your Artificer from the scroll, you're getting the scroll version of Conjure Bolts instead of the Artificer spell version.

Unfortunately, though, while this is a bug, it - probably - doesn't rise to a level that beats out other bugs we need to fix. "Most" artificers learn Conjure Bolts during leveling, and "most" players tend to get their enhancement bonus from the weapon rather than the ammunition. So, for "most" people, this really isn't much of an issue. This is an issue, though, for people who learn Conjure Bolts on their Artificer through the scroll and depend on the ammunition's enhancement bonus rather than the (typically higher) enhancement bonus on the weapon. The "solution" is to either pick the spell during level up, or get your bonus from the crossbow itself.

I gather that with DTE out this week & next we're running alts the next two weeks?

All Monster Manuals 30% off for rest of today

Those of you who have been waiting to get Monster Manuals 5 and/or 6, they are are on sale for today only (last weeks sale) at 30% off.

I had to go onto my FtP account to find out, as the new store no longer lets me see stuff I get as VIP.

If everyone else is going to be available Friday, I have a proposal. I can make time to play for a good while Saturday. If a couple of you have alts or need XP or whatever and are willing to drag Botdu thru the Archon chain Saturday (after the perma-death group?), then I'd recommend that y'all run Archons tomorrow as originally scheduled. It's a 4 quest chain, so it should fill a good portion of the session. That way, we don't lose an entire month on our mains. Thoughts?

Both JM & I have a 15 that could run with you tomorrow if she's available. & I'd be happy to run it again ... nice loot! ;)

The only problem is that we're both tied up from about 12:00 - 4pm on Saturday's (& so is Az). Assuming the group runs, of course.

I have a 15 alt that can run with you Saturday. I plan to be on.

Free Invisible Stalker Pet if you ask

Cordovan said on the last live stream that if you send him a PM on the forums requesting a certificate for the Invisible Stalker pet (companion), he will send it to you. Sibrey told me about it, so I tried it. I just got mine! :)

So, if you want one, send him a PM & get yours. You need to include your toon name & your server in the message.

Yep, I'm 100% out and probably won't be able to pull off a Saturday catchup like last week.

Not heard about Jo but Aletys will be out for a while, not sure how long. So guess we do whatever people need on alts today.

Yes, I chatted with Aletys on Skype yesterday my time, so let's hope she is able to rejoin us soon. Heroic Alts yes?? :)

Birthday cakes and prizes will be Monday, 29th with update 30 and gnomes.

Hold on to your 10th anniversary rewards. In a few days a hotfix will add more items.

From Cordovan at Turbine:
We will be adding a couple of items to the list in a hotfix we're working on, due to a couple of other issues that we are investigating. The new items will include a Heroic Sword of Shadow, an XP token (for something like 100,000 XP), the Cloak of Winter Ice cosmetic robe, and one or two other things. Depending on your interest, you may want to hang onto your tokens for now.

Interesting to notice that the Heroic Sword of Shadow will be added. I guess particularly Azraelck will be particularly happy about that. He's been chasing that item for years. ;)

They broke quests instead of handwraps this time

There are reports on the forums of all sorts of quests being broken so as to make them un-completable: ToEE, Grim & Barrett, Tide Turns, …

Not a complete list. Cordovan keeps responding "we are looking into it". So it looks as if the broke a bunch of code they didn't know about (surprised anyone?).

I'm totally SHOCKED that such a thing would happen!! :)

Back
Top Bottom