Arcania - Video, Screens @ PC Games.de

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Games.de has released another Arcania clip previously exclusive to those who had bought the magazine. The three minutes of footage shows the hero running through long tracts of mostly unpopulated landscape, although there are a couple of short and hack'n'slashy combat sequences.
They also have some new screens.
More information.

Not that I can tell that combat will be good or bad, but from the video, combat looks extremely different from G1 thru G3.

Well at least the combat looks better than in the earlier video. I also like the way the ocean is rendered.

Gamestar quotes one of the team (or the PR guy) who says that "clicking enemies to death will work".

There will also be two kinds of ranged combat. One where you simply click at the enemy and you shoot an arrow. Optionally, you can carefully aim similar to Gothic 3 (as I understand), which is slower, more difficult, but causes more damage.

I agree the comebat system looks really consolish.

I hope the city still need to be filled with NPCs because now it is so boring.

It is dark, but more a kind of dark of colourness.

This didn't look good to me. I hope I am wrong and this will turn out a good game with the lively world of Gothic like we know it and not the dull world we have seen here.

True, the only creatures they showed were a remake of the Gothic Goblins, even of Risen we have seen a lot more creatures

One good thing is that I didn't see any stuttering when running around. The combat system looks ridiculous and a clickfest. Not the right way to go for this. Somehow I think that Arcania looks more like another oblivion even more then Gothic 3. It seems like a very huge world and this is exactly what was bad in Gothic 3. I was just to huge to make a really compelling story in it. I've used the goto cheat quite often and I think this would be the case IF I buy this game.

You can't join guilds like in Gothic 1&2, there is a more arcade-type battle system ... sounds like another Gothlivion 3 to me. Bah.

Looks not bad, but somehow i prefer the looks of risen more. Guess i love gothic 1 and 2 too much.
Risen will be an instant buy, this one, mmm dont think so.

You can't join guilds like in Gothic 1&2, there is a more arcade-type battle system ... sounds like another Gothlivion 3 to me. Bah.
You cannot join guilds but you can join factions,G2 way.

That's not what they say in the video - they say you can solve quests for factions, but not join them.
EDL said that here will be 3 factions and 5 guilds. You can join one faction but no guild. You can do quests for all guilds but you could get problems with a guild if you have done a quest for another guild.

How can you do quests for a guild if you are not a member of that guild?

How can you do quests for a guild if you are not a member of that guild?

You don't have to be a member, it's not like Elder Scrolls. You didn't have to be a member of a particular faction to do quests for them in the previous Gothic games.

Interesting. I like how fast the running movement is. In many games the running is no more than fast walking. It definitly will pick up the game pace. OTH, the combat looked way to Diablo like. And the environments looked way to washed out and gave the game presentation a bla effect. Still, if the game is only 2/3 as good as Gothic 1 or 2 it will be still be a buy for me.

The way the avatar was warping all over the place in combat it looked more like Devil May Cry meets Gothic. Not a good thing. I'll withhold judgment for now, I want to try the game. Its not Gothic though. Closer to Two Worlds or even more casual.

ROFL.... what the?? he keeps running and running, and that's basically it... why was this exclusive? is this magazine about running?????

the little combat which was there looks really crappy, as if we need another action RPG like that. I am sure sacred is a much better buy for people who like that kind of thing.

Maybe they had a bright idea, like bethesda, let's use a license to make a mainstream game, and completely rewamp the gameplay to make it more action like and mainstream?????

Back
Top Bottom