Fallout 4 - Will Bethesda Announce It At E3?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamingbolt has a small article about Fallout 4, and asks the queation will Bethesda announce it at E3.
A few weeks back, Bethesda stated that they will be creating more vibes in 2013 compared to what they did in 2012. So far they have announced some solid games like The Evil Within and Wolfenstein: The New Order. But both of these games are published by Bethesda. They can’t create vibes by simply publishing games which indirectly means that their game studio is up to something and if rumors are to be believed it is Fallout 4.

There is a lot of data to back up this Fallout 4 claim. Last year Bethesda opened up a job listing for a next generation Console Programmer. The post wants the candidate to have an expertise in creating optimized games for the PS3 and the Xbox 360 as well as knowledge of DX 11. Now this may indicate that they might be simply hiring for The Evil Within or the new Wolfenstein but we have another report from earlier this year which makes things a bit interesting.
More information.

Last edited:
FO4 means cash cow. A lil' hype wouldn't harm the cause. They'd be crazy not to announce it.

They also recently started a vault-boy t-shirt of the month promotion where they release a new vault-boy t-shirt each month going forward (with images similar to the various vault boy slides seen in-game for perks and skills and traits). Kind of seems like one of the many little promotions you would do leading into just such an announcement.

Yea, there is a preorder of skyblue 101 sneakers and was also for hoodie that was sold out in one day. How can you sell out something that's a preorder in one day? What, they made 10 hoodies total?

Since I don't want one thing without the other, I won't buy those sneakers.

Wasnt that hoodie available for pre-order though? I know i saw it like 2-3 months ago (on their facebook page). When it was available almost 10000 "liked" the post and many hundreds of responses, i'm sure they must have had 5000 or more of it, would be crazy not to since the demand has been big since they announced it.. but who knows :)

wonder if it will be like with oblivion and fallout 3. At its release F3 was already looking old on oblivion's engine. And now?

wonder if it will be like with oblivion and fallout 3. At its release F3 was already looking old on oblivion's engine. And now?
Well my money is on the same engine as Skyrim. It's basically a rewritten and redone gamebryo engine.

Wasnt that hoodie available for pre-order though?
It was. For a day.
I came to preorder it one day too late.

Then again, it's Bethesda. No wonder the projection was disconnected from reality, no wonder they focus only on "rare occurences". In this case they didn't order enough of hoodies and got too many preorders.

I am betting it looks nothing like Skyrim, no matter what the name of the engine. This will be a XBox One release title, so it had better be pure eye-candy.

This will be a XBox One release title, so it had better be pure eye-candy.
Well I don't think you will be disappointed as that, and the cloud is the focus of next gen games. I except games to go up another $10-15 also.

You're joking, right?

Why would I be joking? It is has at least an order of magnitude more of most every hardware characteristic relevant to gaming than its predecessor, which was capable of some pretty impressive looking games. It should have games that look better on HDTVs than most any high-end computers, due to the OS and hardware being built for game developers. People with high-end computers have most of their power (probably way more than a factor of two) wasted because developers cannot optimize for their particular hardware setup and the Windows operating system is a behemoth that accretes modernatization rather than being a pure gaming OS.

Last edited:
Not really excited for fo4. Couldn't get into fo3 or new Vegas after several attempts and even fully modded attempts.

Fallout 3 was weak in certain aspects, but I loved it for the exploration. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what FO4 is like if it's indeed being announced.

FO3 was great (with mods) and Skyrim was fantastic even without mods.

Logic dictates that FO4 is something to be excited for.

Wasnt that hoodie available for pre-order though? I know i saw it like 2-3 months ago (on their facebook page). When it was available almost 10000 "liked" the post and many hundreds of responses, i'm sure they must have had 5000 or more of it, would be crazy not to since the demand has been big since they announced it.. but who knows :)

I was referring to the vault-boy-of-the-month t-shirt here:
http://store.bethsoft.com/apparel/tshirts/vbotm-001-animal-friend-tshirt.html

Of which they plan to run as a series releasing a new shirt every month and leading into, I assume, an eventual fallout 4 announcement and release.

Back
Top Bottom