Might & Magic Heroes VII - New Content

Aubrielle

Noveliste
The Lost Tales of Axeoth: Unity, the first of two big content updates to Might & Magic Heroes VII, will arrive in February.

Might_and_Magic_Heroes_VII_deceptive_marketing%5B1%5D.jpg

Ubisoft's official Might & Magic Heroes VII blog brings word that The Lost Tales of Axeoth: Unity, the first of two content updates to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Heroes of Might and Magic, will be released in February 2016. Both the Unity and the forthcoming Every Dog Has His Day add-ons are written by Heroes of Might and Magic IV’s Terry B. Ray and will include new heroes, new music, new artifacts, and more. A little something on Unity:

Several months have passed since the announcement of The Lost Tales of Axeoth, the great project of our Level Designer and Writer Julien Pirou wishing to bring back to life lost scripts from Heroes of Might and Magic IV.

Fully developed with the official map editor delivered with the game, the first campaign “Unity” will be available through a dedicated update to be released on February 2016.

Some context:
Unity, the first campaign of The Lost Tales, takes place after the Reckoning; the cataclysmic event that destroyed the world of Enroth, forcing countless survivors to cross mysterious portals into a brand new, unexplored world. The Reckoning not only threw civilization into chaos, but the study of magic as well. Many of the old spell libraries were destroyed before their contents could be saved. Many Wizards who attempted to gather the books took too much time and died. Untold centuries of knowledge was lost. An organized effort to collect and rewrite the lost spells from the memories of those magic users who survived is being met with a little resistance. Few sorcerers want to give up their precious spell books for such a cause, so the process is slow and painful. Too slow for Genevieve Seymour, who embarks on an odyssey through the Broken Isles to create a brand new philosophy of magic: the Theory of Unity.
More information.

More information.

Looks like this will be another game I will buy when Ubisoft releases the eventually Complete Edition. Anyway this might be my least favorite game of the series.

Looks like this will be another game I will buy when Ubisoft releases the eventually Complete Edition. Anyway this might be my least favorite game of the series.

What are your impressions? I've sort of been curious about this one, since I like the art...

What are your impressions? I've sort of been curious about this one, since I like the art…
I'm a bit biased because I enjoy the earlier versions better. One thing about the new game is you can quickly tell they needed a higher budget to make it better.

So far I would play Heroes of Might and Magic V & Might & Magic Heroes VI if you haven't done so yet first. You can also buy the older games on GOG, or Steam.

I'm interested in this too, but bad Steam reviews have kept me away. I'm also a "complete edition" person so I'll hold off anyway. I'm not madly in love with III as a lot of people seem to be, so I'd give this a chance if it's made some modern improvements to the game.

Wait, so they finally link the Ubi world to the original series?! Do we get the Sci-Fi element back, too?!

Any recommendations on how to play this series? Is there any chronological order or something?

My impression has always been - correct me if I'm wrong - that 3 and 4 are supposed to be the best, and that it hasn't been as good since. I got 3 on GOG for really cheap and I mean I thought it was kinda okay, but I wasn't really a raving fan when it first came out either, and I've never played 4. I think if you played those, the series has taken a nosedive and will never be the same. But if you haven't…I'm sorta hoping you can still have fun with these later ones.

I've been thinking about this game also, especially since it's on sale right now. But the reviews are mostly negative. I haven't played any HMM since 5, which is pretty good. 3 is the best of them all. I have hundreds of hours in the first 3 and then they released 4 and it was terrible. Then 5 came and it's pretty solid. All of them are on sale now on Steam.

My impression has always been - correct me if I'm wrong - that 3 and 4 are supposed to be the best, and that it hasn't been as good since. I got 3 on GOG for really cheap and I mean I thought it was kinda okay, but I wasn't really a raving fan when it first came out either, and I've never played 4. I think if you played those, the series has taken a nosedive and will never be the same. But if you haven't…I'm sorta hoping you can still have fun with these later ones.

Well, this is just my opinion, but 4 is the worst of the first 5 by far. 5 is far better than 4. If you can pickup 5 for cheap, I would recommend it.

Any recommendations on how to play this series? Is there any chronological order or something?

Not really, you can just start playing any of them. If you've never played any of them, I would recommend picking up the HD version of 3. The first 2 are good also, but the graphics are going to look very dated. Even 3 is going to look dated, but it's a very good turn based strategy game.

I've been playing the series since II. If you played (and enjoyed) any of the main series Might and Magic games, the first three in the Heroes series are in the same setting (Enroth/Erathia) as Might and Magic 6 & 7. The story of those, as well as the game play and AI were best. If you get 3, get the complete version from GoG, not the HD version. The problem with the HD version is that they lost the code for the expansions, so those aren't available in that version.

Heroes 5 was really good in my opinion as well, better story than most of the rest of the series and it had what I still think are the best graphics of the series. Part of it is style, but the graphics of quality of 5 is much better than 6/7.

My order of preference is about 3 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 2 > 1&4. That's not to say 2 was bad, it was good when it came out but it hasn't aged well (both in graphics and gameplay).

HOMM3 is superior gameplay-wise, ofc
HOMM4 has a different style , but is legit in it's own right

But after 4, when the Russians took it, I couldn't swallow the silly art direction (half Korean, half Blizzard?)

Back
Top Bottom