DA:Inquisition - Beta Patch 5 released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Trasher reminded me today the new Beta Patch 5 for DA:Inquisition was released.

Sign ups for the PC Patch 5 Beta program are now closed. If you have successfully entered the program, please go here. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for your entitlement to take effect. If you're having trouble accessing the private beta forum, try logging out and logging in again, clearing your cache, and restarting your web browser.
More information.

I love how Origin uses the word "entitlement" for their download and DLC stuff on Origin. It is just funny to me. It is such a loaded term that marketing teams avoid it like the plague, yet it gets used here in such a totally incorrect way. Get your entitlement patch! You deserve it! Anyway, the joys of misused English language.

dealing with ambiguity helps everyone circle the wagons to understand the thrusting need for more forward motion. from here on out its nothing but reaching for the stars and upward mobility.

I love how Origin uses the word "entitlement" for their download and DLC stuff on Origin. It is just funny to me. It is such a loaded term that marketing teams avoid it like the plague, yet it gets used here in such a totally incorrect way. Get your entitlement patch! You deserve it! Anyway, the joys of misused English language.

It just shows you the morons they have running the show. ;)

Yeah, I've seen that in the "distant" past. And I've also seen those people no longer work for them afterwards, too.

EDIT: I have to say though, that the forums over there, really attract some of dumbest posters I've ever read. It's a wasteland. ;)

The whole thing is very interesting.
We'll never know if EA decided it's too expensive to do a proper inhouse betatest or Bioware got so out of touch with reality and believes DX crashes are not annoying so they had to "recruit" the community for this.

There is a third option here too. IMO most probable one. Maybe Bioware's ingame betatesters can't do those bears in one more runthrough or they'll end up in a nuthouse.

I did get the impression that DA:I wasn't finished, even in Jan, when I played it. Reckon they just had to throw it out for the Christmas market and it could have done with another six months to a year of development to fulfill what Bioware had really wanted to do. For instance the war table doesn't do a lot - I reckon they had probably planned some sort of strategy layer that never made into the release.

Back
Top Bottom