TRIALS of MANA - Video Review @ Noisy Pixel

Thanks for this, I watched a bit and it didn't feel bad till I saw combat. It's obviously played with mushrooms and looks as if it's trying to emulate dark souls somehow but is worse if that's even possible.
I'll skip this one.

I'd settle for an actual sequel to Secrets Of Mana that keeps the gameplay just as it was in the originals (well, maybe a few additions).

If the shopkeepers aren't dancing, it doesn't deserve the "Of Mana" at the end.

Played large chunk of original game not so long ago. Remake doesnt look bad, I preordered it and Im looking forward to play it. Saw some positive reviews already, so I hope it will be decent.

So just curious and being to lazy to search, does the game have any connection to the various Secret of Mana JRPG's.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the remake of Seiken Densetsu 3, the sequel to Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) that was never released in the west.
I played the original on emulator (there's fan translations) and liked it less than Secret of Mana, despite some good ideas like multiple characters to choose, each with his own path and origin.

Thanks because I remember various games with different names over the years.

It reminds me of the Alcamist JRG series.

emulate dark souls

Both are action RPGs - beyond that I can't see what they have in common.

The hallmark of Dark Souls is its unforgiving difficulty. I played the demo of this one, and it is extremely easy -- as well as being a candy-colored cartoon in contrast to the grimdark look of Dark Souls.

I liked the SNES version when I emulated it way back when, but not enough to pay for a 3D update.

Back
Top Bottom