Borderlands - Big Updates

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Rock Paper Shotgun reports that the Borderlands games got major enhancements:

Borderlands games reload with updated art and features

There ain't no rest for the wicked, a video game once told me, and Gearbox Software certainly have been busy. Today they launched remastered versions of Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, coming to PC as free updates. They're all prettied-up a bit, while the first game also now includes all the DLC as well as features borrowed from later games in the looter-shooter series. These updates are probably more for the benefit of the latest consoles, jazzing 'em up for a fresh audience before Borderlands 3 hits in September, but hey we benefit too. Thanks, Ian Microsoft and Ian Sony!

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Putting lipstick on a pig with these re-mastered editions with graphic upgrades.

Same cell shaded game just with an Ultra graphic setting added.:p

Perhaps it's time for me to do another Borderlands 1 run :) Only finished it once…

I've only ever played the first one once, and never tried any of the others. I guess if I ever feel inclined to replay it, at least it won't be exactly the same game again.

I have no idea what Borderlands is.

That aside… About this:
Borderlands 3 hits in September

Spotted PCGamer's article:
https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands...ultiple-editions-including-a-dollar250-chest/
Borderlands 3 has a season pass and multiple editions, including a $250 chest

The standard version will be $60, and just includes the game, though pre-ordering any edition gets you "gold weapon skins" and a "weapon trinket," which is presumably a trinket one puts on a weapon.

In the middle of the pack, the $80 Deluxe Edition and the $100 Super Deluxe Edition include a bunch of in-game cosmetics as well as XP and loot boosts. Here's what you get in both of them:

Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head &skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head &skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket
Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket
Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket
XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods

The Super Deluxe Edition gets its 'super' by also including a "Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod," as well as the season pass, which will unlock "four campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges." After launch, the Super Deluxe Edition will go from $100 to $120.

I have confirmed with 2K that the season pass will also be available as a separate purchase, and that each DLC pack will be sold individually. Pricing hasn't been determined yet for that.

For those not worried about pricing at all, the Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition costs $250, and includes everything from the Super Deluxe edition, as well as a bunch of physical items: a loot chest replica, ten character figurines, a Sanctuary 3 ship snap model, four keychains, a "cloth galaxy map," five character art lithographs, and a Steelbook case.
No, I've checked, Borderlands is not published by Ubisoft.

It's sad time when gaming industry is making articles about milking schemes and not about games quality.

How do you not know what borderlands is? Do you live in a cave?

Did you prefer 1 over 2 ? I personally preferred 2 over 1 ….

I don't have an opinion about which one is better. As I said above, I finished BL1 and then I started BL 2 but only played it for a few hours. I believe some other game must have caught my attention back then.

How do you not know what borderlands is? Do you live in a cave?

He’s been too busy pumping virtual quarters into Fortnite on his smartphone ...

I received the "GOTY Enhanced" edition yesterday (which is free if you own the original Borderlands on Steam), and it makes a fair few improvements over the original that released back in 2009. I took time to playtest the original and the new enhanced edition in the hopes of comparing the two.

The enhanced edition is supplemented with a lot of nifty features, such as:

-FoV slider
-Adjustable framerate
-On-screen mini map (which allows you to toggle between rotating and non-rotating)
-More responsive movement and controls (trust me, the original feels much more clunky and dated, but the enhanced is a wildly smoother experience)
-Updated graphics (no longer looks blocky or pixelated, but the art style itself remains the same)
-Skippable cutscenes

Now, the game doesn't make any major improvements, and a lot of these features are industry standard for the modern AAA video game scene. Still, they're nice to have.

One thing to note regarding the enhanced edition: The AI seems to bug out pretty often. I hosted a public match yesterday, and I was never really attacked much, but my coop partners were under constant fire. I'd often walk right in front of something, and they'd look past me like I was a ghost. I was the only Siren in the match, so whether that has to do with me hosting the match or playing as a Siren, I don't know.

I always appreciated the difficulty of the Borderlands games, though. The multiplayer is ramped up significantly, and although enemies become fairly bullet spongy, it's never really too much. There will be exceptions of course, such as having an undergeared team (seeing as it's a loot based shooter).

Aside from me never being seen as a threat (which meant I became the reviver - sorry teammates! :biggrin:), I must say that the enhanced edition is a great improvement over the original. If you're wanting to play the first game again, this is the way to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom