Harebrained Schemes - Sued for Copyright Infringement

Generalizing corporations is just as bad as generalizing individuals.

No, it's not. Corporations are abstract entities and do not need rights above and beyond rights granted to individuals, because corporations are groups of individuals.

Well then I will be more clear. Anyone who groups all corporations under the same banner and decries them all as evil is an idiot.
Pretty sure that doesnt leave much room for interpretation.

Well then I will be more clear. Anyone who groups all corporations under the same banner and decries them all as evil is an idiot.

Noone called them all really evil here and screeg is right. Allow me to paraphrase you - Anyone who group all ppl commenting corporations under the same banner and decries them as idiots believing that all corps are evil is idiot himself/herself.

-----------
Back to topic: article about that lawsuit:
www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1588

It seems that dear Harmony Gold sued also devs of Mech Online. There are some visual examples. Based on that you could say that suit against Battletech is bullshit. There is no real similarity. On the other hand Mech Online could have probably more problems with that.

edit: my mistake. count me dumb.

Last edited:
This is a Trademark dispute not a copyright one.

Not naming who, but someone tried to call me out for not knowing the difference on the Cyberpunk controversy. If they had actual read what I had to say, and not just been a blind fan of CDR, they would have known this.

No, actually you are being stubborn and insist on being an expert on something you do not even the understand fundamental meaning behind the word.
Again, even google can help you here.

Bobo is correct. It's a Copyright lawsuit, with some additional contract claims. See the Court documents linked in Darkheart's post #38 in this thread.

__

-----------
Back to topic: article about that lawsuit:
www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1588

It seems that dear Harmony Gold sued also devs of Mech Online. There are some visual examples. Based on that you could say that suit against Battletech is bullshit. There is no real similarity. On the other hand Mech Online could have probably more problems with that.

To be clear, HBS made a deal with Piranha Games to use their 3D mech models from Mechwarrior Online in Battletech so their artists could focus on other things. HG's lawsuit against HBS has to deal with some of these same 3D models. Of course as shown in the video there are only very superficial similarities and this is clearly an attempt to squeeze money out of game that will likely be far more successful than any Robotech game would be.

Before reading this thread, I don't think I've even heard the word 'Robotech' in over 15 years.

Pretty sure that doesnt leave much room for interpretation.

I'm pretty sure the original comment was regarding the laws produced by Congress that benefit corporations, rather than a stereotype regarding corporations. Have we had enough idiocy yet? :p

Before reading this thread, I don't think I've even heard the word 'Robotech' in over 15 years.

I read recently something about it, not sure if it was a new movie or series reboot.

There was a few new anime series in the last ten years, but they used Macross instead of Robotech. Basically the same universe, but each focus on different timelines.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross
I read recently something about it, not sure if it was a new movie or series reboot.
I think it was about the live action movie version of Robotech.

Link - https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieb...n-robotech-movie-still-lives-on/#76e67e4c7307

Back
Top Bottom