Tyranny - Release Date Confirmed

Don't tell me that they don't release a boxed copy???

How stupid is that? I'll spend 100 bucks for a good edition, because I loved 2/3rds of PoE and I am always willing to support Obsidian.

If it is DD only (and especially STEAM only!) I want buy, no matter how much I want to play it!

I will buy this, but probably at a discount. I've only just started PoE and liking it so far, so getting this is a no-brainer.

What liking, or disliking, PoE has to do with Tyranny?

Because they look so much like one another and we have so little else to go on with this express-lane release date?

Personally, I have yet to play through PoE after being soured with my bug-ridden experience during its first few weeks post-launch. In addition, RTwP means diminished Tim Cain input, while Leonard Boyarsky contributions are likely minor considering his newhire position. So, I'm pretty uninterested in this title.

There's just too many RPG options on the market these days for some seemingly derivative title with a vague trailer to gain any realistic traction.

I have a hunch it's going to be a 'short' game. At least much shorter than Pillars was. IIRC they asked a year or two ago if length was important in a good RPG, provided the quality of the story was good. Can't remember if it was a survey or a discussion.

The production time here seems to suggest a shorter campaign as well.

A short RPG can redeem itself only by being cute or charming.
This game is not supposed to be either. So they better provide 30+ hours of exploration. Or else. ;)

It's possible that I'm confusing it with another game, but I thought I remembered them specifically saying that the game would be significantly shorter than PoE, but that it would strongly encourage replays.

Given the amount of filler combat in most games, I have no problem with a shorter and more focused game. Whether or not Tyranny will turn out to be that remains to be seen.

"Significantly" is such a loaded word :)

I have a hunch it's going to be a 'short' game. At least much shorter than Pillars was. IIRC they asked a year or two ago if length was important in a good RPG, provided the quality of the story was good. Can't remember if it was a survey or a discussion.

The production time here seems to suggest a shorter campaign as well.

They already said it was a 20-25 hours game, but that it had a lot of replayability because you have to make choices at character creation that change the world before you even started playing.

Hmmm I had no idea this was so close.

^ ^

Obsidian knows only around 60% of the people will ever finish it so they front-load all their newer games… which is why PoE felt so dry and bland towards the end

Made from same assets by the same hipster team who's rushing it again ... Deja vu

I bet the design of combat encounters will be 0

I thought it was the South Park team that is working on Tyranny.

I'm definitely more interested in short, variable games than lenghty one-way epics without real choices. Best example is Mysteries of Westgate. It's short, but both solutions are so completely different and present totally different perspectives that you thought you've been playing two different games.

I got you guys. I got you! :) Especially that, looking at the availe teasers, it does look PoEsque.

They already said it was a 20-25 hours game, but that it had a lot of replayability because you have to make choices at character creation that change the world before you even started playing.
No way that l'm buying it at full price then.
Is there any info on the price yet?

Back
Top Bottom