Music is the Universe

Music is much more that mathematics.
Sorry but it's not. :)
It's just that your ear is probably superior than your brain when it comes to math. Nothing to be ashamed of, 99% of people share that same symptom. ;)

I know that duo but at the time I deliberately avoided music with vocals. I had this radical view where music with singing was simply "forbidden". I remember this time when I was at a friend's house and he gave me a CD with a soundtrack telling me it was good music and I should try it. At the front door, when I was about to leave, I realised it was a musical and thereby containing singing at which point I immediately returned the CD saying that I did not accept any singing :). Of course, it was just an ignorant viewpoint and I have very much matured by now.

I understand. :)

I often had a similar point of view after I had been "infected" by Mike Olfield's instrumental music. :)

Enya shows how beautiful synthesizer music can be with vocals. :)
Which is why people often call her the "Queen of New Age music". ;)

Well, I am a fan of swedish music... maybe I am a patriot or such :D As for genre anything goes. I've found great songs / pieces of music in all the genres.

ABBA for the Win!! :)

I love ABBA! But I love Sabaton even more.

Well, they're Swedish as well, so that counts I guess.

I like some swedish music, Opeth, Agusa, Beardfish, Dungen, Pain of Salvation, Katatonia, Ritual, Soen, This is Head and the Øresund Space Collective.

Btw: for the finnish watchers: One of the albums by Ritual is "THE HEMULIC VOLUNTARY BAND".

Pibbur who would be surprised if the gothic gothicness has heard about all these bands.

Edit:
Favourite German bands: Can, Faust and Eloy. NOT Alphaville!!!!
Favourite French bands: Magma and Gojira.

Last edited:
Hm, Gothminister is from Norway I think ... another favorite. My favorite Finnish band is Turisas.

I also like Magma :D.

I saw Turisas with Cathedral and Paradise Lost at the Esplanade in Melbourne 2012. Bit over the top to be honest, but then again so is my favorite Finnish band, Reverend Bizarre. ;)

I also love many Swedish groups. Candlemass (anything Leif Edling has touched really!) Tiamat, Count Raven, Viking and late period Bathory (RIP Quorthon) Early-mid period Opeth, Visa Roster (Acapella covers of C64 tunes), The country is a veritable aural treasure trove. :)

Music is not universe.
Music is just mathematics.
Mathematics is the universe. Ask any astrophysicist. ;)

Light and casual? I hate light and casual. I wish Bieber and such crap never existed. It's not music, it's children's play.
Gimme a fugue by Bach any day.
Hey now, what's this slamming of children's play?? https://youtu.be/JXhzS_C4zbI

ABBA and Enya... makes me think of the Cacteu Twins. I remember listening to them in college and trying to figure out the lyrics.

I'm from Kansas City but I really don't like jazz much. A real shame. It's like being lactose intolerant at an ice cream social. Still, it's not the only music around town. Frogpond did some great stuff in the 90s.

On the "recent religious classical" side, I'll throw in some Rutter.

Back
Top Bottom