Pricewatch!

Stanley Parable is 80% off ($3) on Steam. You can finish it in an afternoon but at that price, it's worth it. There's a "Download Demo" on the store page that you should definitely use, whether you buy the game or not.

Hehe, I just noticed that the achievement for beating the game has actually been achieved more than the achievement for exiting the game then starting it again sometime later. Like I said, this isn't a long game!

Yep, probably one of the best 3 purchases I did this year.

I was going to purchase The Stanley Parable after reading Zloth's post, but I was surprised to discover that I already had it in my Steam library. I think it might have been part of a bundle I purchased awhile back, but I don't remember tbh.

I played and finished it last night. Took me about an hour, and I'd say it was "ok". It's entertaining for what it is, but content-wise it's really more like a long demo than a full game.

I was going to purchase The Stanley Parable after reading Zloth's post, but I was surprised to discover that I already had it in my Steam library. I think it might have been part of a bundle I purchased awhile back, but I don't remember tbh.

I played and finished it last night. Took me about an hour, and I'd say it was "ok". It's entertaining for what it is, but content-wise it's really more like a long demo than a full game.

I'd say it offers content for about 3h without many gaps. If you finished it within one hour you probably haven't seen quite a lot.

I'd say it offers content for about 3h without many gaps. If you finished it within one hour you probably haven't seen quite a lot.

Yeah, I'm aware there are like 15 different endings. I saw 5 or 6 of them in one sitting last night. I might give it another spin just to see some of the other endings.

you sure you weren't just playing the demo?

One thing about the game, I don't think I've seen anything like it before.

you sure you weren't just playing the demo?

One thing about the game, I don't think I've seen anything like it before.

Yeah, I don't think the demo would include the different endings I've seen. Plus
I'm guessing it would probably say "demo" somewhere. ;)

It's a very unique game. There's no doubt about that. I have to admit I don't quite understand the amount of praise it gets, but that's just me. Personally, I need a little more substance.

Yeah, I don't think the demo would include the different endings I've seen. Plus I'm guessing it would probably say "demo" somewhere. ;)
Quite definitely. Also, you hear the word "eight" spoken better than it has ever been spoken before or since.

Drakensang: The River of Time - £1.49
http://retroism.com/drakensang-the-river-of-time/

Drakensang – Phileasson’s Secret - £0.79
http://retroism.com/drakensang-phileassons-secret/

Just as little reminder:
Drakensang: The River of Time on Steam is English only.
So if you happen to understand German you should buy the retail version as the German version has some amazing Voice Acting.
It's a pretty good game overall.

Drakensang – Phileasson’s Secret is one of the worst Add Ons I played. It was thrown together while the developer was already bankrupt. Adds no value to the game.

Is anyone interested in Gorky 17, and Septerra Core? I have Steam keys, one each, giving it for free.

And I even got my Steam key already from GMG, about 30 minutes after ordering.

Thanks on this info, used the voucher code, grabbed it and received the key instantly!
Steam preload is not available yet.

RPGNow/DriveThruRPG is having a New Year sale. I'm not into anything on the main sale page, but there seem to be a few more lesser deals hidden deeper down, like Numenara, Firefly, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Hero Kids, and some World of Darkness stuff. ICONs, a superhero RPG with fairly simple rules, is slightly marked down, and looks like a fun little introductory/one-shot game.

EA's subscription service is open to PC now. For about $5/mo you can play any games in the vault. You also get 10% off purchases on Origin so buying a single $60 game will give you a net gain.

Unfortunately, I don't see much in the vault. Dragon Age: Origins is there and nice. 2 is there but there's no DLC - but does anyone have 2's DLC? Dragon Age 3 is there but not the GotY edition so I don't think you'll get the DLC for that one, either, which is more of a big deal. If you play the game and find you want more, you're going to have to cough up the cash for the main game just to by the DLC! Still, it'd make for a nice demo.

There's also functionality for time trial demos. It looks like Unravel is the only game participating, though, and it won't be ready for it until Feb.

If the vault grows over the years this could be a good deal. Right now it looks like it's just a good way to get Dragon Age.

Unfortunately, I don't see much in the vault. Dragon Age: Origins is there and nice. 2 is there but there's no DLC - but does anyone have 2's DLC? Dragon Age 3 is there but not the GotY edition so I don't think you'll get the DLC for that one, either, which is more of a big deal. If you play the game and find you want more, you're going to have to cough up the cash for the main game just to by the DLC! Still, it'd make for a nice demo.

I think the DLC for DA2 uses the same bullshit system as ME 2&3 where you have to purchase it from within the game using Bioware points.

I think that in the spirit of 'truth in advertising' they should rename 'The Vault' as 'The Junk Drawer'.

Unfortunately, I don't see much in the vault. Dragon Age: Origins is there and nice. 2 is there but there's no DLC - but does anyone have 2's DLC?

*raises hand*

:uhoh:

:lonely:

Pity its not cross buy with the EA XBOX all access.. one can only wish :lol:

Also there is no annual option since the XBOX yearly one is about £20 and it aint too bad.

Back
Top Bottom