Cyberpunk 2077 - First Person Perspective

Eh? Aren't Skyrim and Fallout 4 your all-time favorite games, or am I thinking of a different wolfgrimdark? :)
He probably plays them in third person with the camera zoomed out. I tried to play the newer Fallout games like that, and quickly changed it back to first-person view.

He probably plays them in third person with the camera zoomed out. I tried to play the newer Fallout games like that, and quickly changed it back to first-person view.

Yeah, third-person is ok for certain instances and to take screenshots, but I can't imagine playing most of the game that way in either TES or Fallout. To me, the movement and animations don't seem as natural in that mode. You can tell that those titles were primarily designed around playing in first-person.

Yeah, third-person is ok for certain instances and to take screenshots, but I can't imagine playing most of the game that way in either TES or Fallout. To me, the movement and animations don't seem as natural in that mode. You can tell that those titles were primarily designed around playing in first-person.

No no no, to me they it feels quite unnatural playing them in 1st person. Also I like games like The Witcher, Gothic/Risen/Elex and Dark Souls where you can see your character and what armour/weapons he is wearing. To each his own I guess. While I feel like that's just personal preference I still maintain that melee combat is objectively crap in 1st person.

No no no, to me they it feels quite unnatural playing them in 1st person. Also I like games like The Witcher, Gothic/Risen/Elex and Dark Souls where you can see your character and what armour/weapons he is wearing. To each his own I guess. While I feel like that's just personal preference I still maintain that melee combat is objectively crap in 1st person.

I like both modes, but I can tell when a game was primarily designed for one over the other. The third-person mode in TES doesn't feel the same to me as Gothic, Dark Souls, etc. In those games, you can tell it was designed around playing in that view.

I like first person mostly because it feels like I'm cheating otherwise. In third person you can see enemies and objects you otherwise couldn't see and that gives you too much of a leg up over the AI.

Plus it feels gamey to me otherwise and I like to feel immersed.

I like both modes, but I can tell when a game was primarily designed for one over the other. The third-person mode in TES doesn't feel the same to me as Gothic, Dark Souls, etc. In those games, you can tell it was designed around playing in that view.

Regardless of how the game was designed I like the option to play in both modes myself. Just personal preference. When exploring outdoors I like third person so I can see more of the settings. I also just like watching my character do things. But often I will go to first person for different perspective and also a bit easier to guide my character in that mode. I don't really know how much I spend in either mode as I change it quite frequently. Always seem to be going in and out of both modes, especially outside.

Interiors I tend to be more first person then third because less camera room and I often need to focus more on where I am going and what I am doing. I still pull out to 3rd often enough though - usually after combat to look around better. Somewhat depends on how big the place is.

Combat I would say is mostly first person though - maybe 85-90% of the time. For these kind of games I find 3rd person much harder for combat - aiming is difficult for one and in FO4 I use VATS a lot. For melee I also tend to do better with hitting and blocking and the like in first person. That being said I also know I don't focus on combat in games as much as others do.

I will also note I play a werewolf a lot in Skyrim and that forces you to third person.

Anyhow its mixed. I dislike being forced into one or the other. That being said I can accept third person as the only option but not first person, in most cases. Would have to be an exceptional game (to me, not what other people consider exceptional) for me to ignore the lack of 3rd person.

Then there is the fact I like to mod and make graphic presets and take screenshots which is more fun when you can switch views.

Last edited:
I highly doubt Cyberpunk will be exclusively first-person. Even if that's the default view, I'll be very surprised if there isn't a an option to toggle between first and third person.

I suppose if they do smart gun links where all you need to do is wave the barrel in the direction of the baddies and the gun will automatically fire when it's lined up with the centre mass then first person aiming might be redundant… Might be a bit boring though.

If the chance of actually hitting is then directly derived from character stats, we might even have an actual RPG. ;)

Back
Top Bottom