What is up with the release of TW2?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I'm a nutcase when it comes to having a hard copy of the games I play. I will probably go down swinging as one of the last gamers on the planet vying for hard copies of games in a world headed for digital distribution.

I pre-ordered TW2 back in November 2010 on gamestop. Then, in January, they cancelled my order without giving any reason. Next, I put up a pre-order on GoGamer. Within a few days, I received a cancellation notice. Finally, I placed a pre-order on Amazon in the middle of February.

Today, I get a notice from Amazon that my scheduled delivery has changed from 03/08/2011 to, now get this, January 4th, 2012 - that's year two thousand and TWELVE.

What is up with the release of this game? Sheesh.

I thought the US retail version was permanently cancelled.

You shouldn't have any problem getting a copy from GoGamer though. It'll be the English European version.

Seriously I hate to say this but your best bet is to find another way that I cant mention.. The boxed copy is cursed. As for me gogamer was a reliable source to buy from but copy's do seem limited.

Last edited:
Gogamer has the standard Europe edition and amazon is selling the Royal edition. There is no boxed copy of the PC version in the US or UK that is not just an import of the Europe edition.

Sucks, but that's the situation.

And I would say you are already one of the remaining few who wants a box in a world focusing on digital. I'm right there with you but we are a dying breed it seems.

Ok, it's been about a month perhaps GoGamer has some in stock now. I'll check them out again. Thanks.

And I would say you are already one of the remaining few who wants a box in a world focusing on digital. I'm right there with you but we are a dying breed it seems.

While it may be true to some extent alot of people that I know still prefer boxed copy's to a digital release. Its only the pc side that seems to be forcing us to buy digitally. I read articles that say everything wont be digital for quite a while and others that say otherwise. Its a mixed bag I see no advantage as games still cost regular price unless you buy them on half-off sales.

Back
Top Bottom