Top 10 Console RPG's of all time

Darkant you do know the post you quoted is from 2008? The poster is not gong to reply as he is not active anymore. We have Joxer to thank for necroing a very old thread.:mad:

Darkant you do know the post you quoted is from 2008? The poster is not gong to reply as he is not active anymore. We have Joxer to thank for necroing a very old thread.:mad:

Haha,did'nt even pay attention to the date,oops!!!

The battles looked a lot more confusing than they actually were. They also had multiplayer support, but due to player 1 having camera control, it's not as fun for player 2. The story really drags on though, and Tales of Symphony would have been a lot better if it was shorter.

I never did get around to playing ToS, but I recently picked up a copy of the remastered PS3 version (ToS Chronicles). Who knows if I'll ever get around to playing it though. :)

Phantasy Star was my first console rpg also,had a blast playing it.In fact still have that game and the Sega Master system packed away in the attic somewhere,wonder if it still works?

The PS2 version of Phantasy Star that I talked about in my previous post can now be played in English via emulation. You might want to check that out.

http://www.pscave.com/psg1/download/

I necroed it because the new honest trailer is about a game(s) I would never ever play, but it has fans here.

Well since it's necro'd anyway…

Final Fantasy Tactics - easily one of my favorites ever. The class system is simply awesome. Really enjoyed the story.
Dragon Force - A hidden gem for sure. Released on Sega Saturn and also easily one of my favorite games of all time. Multiple kingdoms, general types, spells, and troop types. Two other kingdoms unlock after you beat the game, bringing the total to 8. Story has some varience depending on who you play as (from minor to very noticeable). Hope the fan translation of the 2nd one actually gets done at some point.
Vandal Hearts
Suikoden - collecting 108 heroes was quite a task, even if a lot of them aren't overly useful
Legend of Legaia - Was an interesting approach and graded you when you finished. That "C" still bothers me to this day. Shame they butchered the series with the 2nd
Ogre Battle 64 - I'm a big fan of class choices, sue me.
Lunar: Silver Star Story - Very well written
SaGa Frontier 2 - The generation idea and two different story perspectives that intertwine was interesting.
Growlanser 2 - Not a ton of random encounters, simple yet interesting equip system, and a decent story with several outcomes.

Edit: Disgaea - While the story is totally immature, I found it fairly funny. I adored a lot of the mechanics like the Senate, items, class, and the puzzle/combat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom