Hylics 2 - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The surreal RPG Hylics 2 has been released:

Hylics 2

The tyrant Gibby's minions seek to reconstitute their long-presumed-annihilated master. It's up to our crescent headed protagonist Wayne to assemble a crew and put a stop to that sort of thing.

Features:

• A mesmerizing visual style incorporating stop-motion animation, 3D-scanned clay models, and pixel art.
  • Engage in turn-based RPG combat against over 25 adversaries, each with unique capabilities and behaviors.
  • Gather Wayne's crew and explore 3D environments. Use air-dashing, rolling, and gliding to find hidden treasures or evade enemies. Consult the world's inhabitants for hints, lore, and musings.
  • Find TVs throughout the world to learn exciting new battle abilities like Poromer Bleb and Soul Crisper.
  • Optional side content including a diverting platformer minigame and a first-person-view dungeon-crawler.
  • The followup to 2015's Hylics. Hylics 2 uses motifs from its predecessor, but players unfamiliar with Hylics may still fully enjoy Hylics 2.
More information.

Well can't say the developer didn't try something original at least.

I hope they paid AppleIntimidated royalties for that artwork!

I can already see this game unleashed and literally erasing other targeted games from existence along with their development teams. Like a Deus Ex Reality-Erasor Machine.

I think it looks quite interesting. Many times people complain about RPGs having too cookie-cutter settings - this is the opposite end of the spectrum, kind of like taking the difference of Planescape Torment from Baldur's Gate and going even further in that direction.

I'm getting Heavy Metal comic vibes.:thinking:

Similar to the two cartoon movies as well.

because of this I tried the first one a bit
it´s special but i like it you just have to go with it or something like that

but I´m an arthistorian so i like all kind of strange things

Back
Top Bottom