Warhammer: Chaosbane - Action RPG Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Warhammer: Chaosbane is a new action RPG game that has been announced today. Screenshots at the link.

Bigben, Games Workshop and Eko Software today revealed the name of the game based on the famous Warhammer license: Warhammer: Chaosbane. This adaptation of the franchise will be the first Action-RPG to take place in the Warhammer Fantasy world.

The development of the title is being done by Eko Software, a French studio who has demonstrated great skill in the hack’n slash genre with How to Survive 1 and 2, a series which captivated millions of players.

[...]
More information.

Are we ever going to get a proper RPG set in Warhammer universe :(

We already have a hack&slash Warhammer game.

Better be better then the garbage Warhammer 40.000: Inquisitor that will release soon from NeoCore, and hopefully it's not another online connected server-based game.

Oh my, How To Survive really wasn't a great game.
It wasn't totally bad, either, but I'm not sure we need another "meh" Warhammer game.

Nothing about this appeals to me at all. Too bad, because the board game enjoys such a rich history, and is totally well worth playing. I fondly recall playing Rogue Trader back in the late eighties, what a blast that game was!

I'm really not a fan of the Warhammer fantasy world but will follow this just in case they churn out something good.

Inquisitor may have started out looking bland but the WH40k Youtuber Chapter Master Valrak played the latest beta patch and he liked it. If someone like that can, someone like me might.

I'm also not a fan of WH fantasy, so IF I'm going to play a WH ARPG it will likely be Inquisitor.
Also still waiting for a proper WH40K RPG.

There was a Warhammer fantasy novel, which begins with a magic user queen & her minions preparing to storm a castle. IIRC there was some action in the forests near the outskirts of the castle. Anybody know the title? Writing was good enough that I wanted to get back, but lost the book and cannot find the novel anymore. :(

So far the only two games I've enjoyed within the Warhammer world are Total War and Dawn of War 2. Neither of those is am action RPG, so I don't think this will be added to the the paltry list.

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine isn't bad either, or at least that's my impression from what little I've played.

So far the only two games I've enjoyed within the Warhammer world are Total War and Dawn of War 2. Neither of those is am action RPG, so I don't think this will be added to the the paltry list.

DoW II is already pretty close to being an ARPG and I also quite enjoyed it.

DoW II is already pretty close to being an ARPG and I also quite enjoyed it.
Hated what they did to DOW II & III as I preferred playing the earlier games. As they had base building and much larger battles, but the sequels changed everything.

Hated what they did to DOW II & III as I preferred playing the earlier games. As they had base building and much larger battles, but the sequels changed everything.

Yes, DoW I is very different to DoW II. I like both a lot.

DoW III on the other hand... Moba gameplay. I got the game from some bundle, but don't intend to install it. And I'm a sucker for WH40K games. Even the not so good ones.
I bought Eisenhorn (okish) and Sanctus Reach (pretty good) during the Skulls event yesterday.

I felt the opposite, but haven't enjoyed a "proper" RTS since Warcraft 2, it's simply not my genre. DoW2 being much more of an RPG and about controlling individuals made it much more fun for me. If one enjoys the classical RTS gameplay that I believe originated in Dune 2 and was then solidified in games like Warcraft, Starcraft and AoE I can certainly see why DoW2 was less fun than it's predecessor.

To me it was a great step in the right direction, but sadly (for me anyway) the third iteration didn't build upon it but instead went a third route. I can't think of any other game that has given so different experiences with each sequel.

Yeah DoW 3 was completely different and played more like a Moba. Despite my gripes with DoW 2 changing the formula, I at least found some enjoyment playing that game.

Developers seem to think players hate resource gathering, and base building nowadays in RTS games. The last game that fit the old formula was Grey Goo and it didn't sell well.

Microsoft is making another Age of Empires and I shudder at what it will turn out to be.

WFRP has long been in need of a party-based isometric video game campaign. Looks like I'll still be waiting.

Back
Top Bottom