RPGWatch - Spring Key Giveaway Preparation

Personally, I've always been a big fan of the giveaways, and I'm in favor, as with so many other things, of few accompanying rules. :)

I used up all my luck winning the Battletech key so good luck to all the participants. Regardless of what you may think from your past luck... you can really actually win!

I have to agree with the honourable Capitain Huggy Face about these key giveaways. Most definitely ! Count me in.

Like i said in all other giveaways, a minimum number of posts required would be nice, otherwise ppl will register only for this type of thing in the future.

Thanks for the games :)

Not everyone actually posts, but some are active readers though. This is my main intake for cRPG related news…

+1 on the thanks for the games though

Like i said in all other giveaways, a minimum number of posts required would be nice, otherwise ppl will register only for this type of thing in the future.

I don't agree. I have been reading RPGWatch since day one, almost every day. It's my main source for RPG news. I'm not into writing or communicating much with others, so I have barely any posts. I've participated in a few of the giveaways, because why not, I'm a loyal reader. And now I'm donating a few games for the first time. Things are not always black and white :)

Let's do it like this:

1. Claim that the chance to get a key is based on number of posts, posts read, and years registered.
2. Distribute the keys completely at random.
3. Blame it on the random number generator.

Let's do it like this:

1. Claim that the chance to get a key is based on number of posts, posts read, and years registered.
2. Distribute the keys completely at random.
3. Blame it on the random number generator.

where's the like button when you actually need it?

I am with the other loyal readers. Been here a long time, still here pretty much daily, but don't feel the need to post a lot. If that were to exclude me, well whatever, but not sure the desired 'rules' would necessarily be a fit for such a casual and community driven site.

Honestly I like these because it's always good to see new people sign up. If even one stays, it helps grow the community. All I see is a win.

Congratulations to you all for being able to remember your login details. :p

Why do people who post think they are more deserving of keys ? I just don't understand the logic but as I said before the owner should set the rules and we should just stay quiet unless they ask for input. That isn't to say it is bad to voice an opinion but we seem to have this adverse reaction with regards to members who actively post on every give away. Mind you I can see an argument in both direction but so what.
-
In any event thanks for holding the give-away.

I don't know about who deserves the keys - I've never entered a giveaway, and don't intend to. I just find the feeding frenzy a slightly comical spectacle, and I don't feel bad about gently ribbing them for it. ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing people posting to share their view on forums other than "count me in for the giveaway!". I mean, it keeps this place more vibrant and alive. Good to know people are visiting this site daily but wouldn't mind seeing more participation.

All pirates be welcome to plunder the booty! Arrrrrrr… P.G.
Take your hands off my booty you damn dirty pirate.:lol:

712WjEatIPL._SL1500_.jpg

Congratulations to you all for being able to remember your login details. :p
I don't know about who deserves the keys - I've never entered a giveaway, and don't intend to. I just find the feeding frenzy a slightly comical spectacle, and I don't feel bad about gently ribbing them for it. ;)
+2 Ripper as it's just a little fun as you never see a comment from these members for years. I have to ask myself who the hell are these people in these raffles.

I'm happy to let the overlords decide these things, as it is way above my pay grade. I was one of those dirty lurkers for quite some time, so my opinion would be a bit biased.

I think the logic behind some comments saying there should be a few restrictions on the entries is that the rpg forum regulars are the ones who, by and large, are keeping the forum active and lively, and so because of this, they would be more deserving than someone who only makes a comment once a year or so, whenever they see there are possible free games to win.

Since everything is so hyper-political these days, I want to state that just because I can explain the logic, does not mean I am advocating the position. I would say I tend to lean towards that point of view, but to be honest, I don't really care all that much. It's not important to me. Whatever the rules are, meh, doesn't matter. I just think it is a fun event.

Back
Top Bottom