Gamedec - We Have a Date

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A release date for Gamedec has been announced and it it the 16th of September.

Hello There!

Yesterday marks our first anniversary since we began our journey with you - the Backers.

It was a crazy ride so far, full of many interesting and worth mentioning things and we are very grateful for it.

If you had the chance to watch the Future Games Show - Spring Edition yesterday, you probably already know, but if not - it's time to hear about the exciting news we have. And there are a lot of them. But without further ado, let's get started!

GAMEDEC RELEASE DATE IS 16TH SEPTEMBER 2021!

Yes! - We've announced our game's PC launch date and set it up in a couple of months - we are still working on many aspects and polishing the game to deliver the most narrative complex game we can. Since this announcement is very special for us - we've prepared a CGI trailer to warm up the atmosphere and put you in the mood.

[...]

the game will be available on Steam, GOG and the Epic store.

Next to this there is also a new version of the Backers Build available.

More information.

Now that is dry skin.
I should share my skincare routine with him.

On my wish list but want to learn a bit more about game play. Good chance I will pick up though.

Their demo is out, by the way, it's a 6.3 GB download. @wolfgrimdark if you want to see the gameplay ;) I'm curious about this too, I'll probably give it a spin.
Since you played the demo is it another Eurojank RPG that previews call it?

I'm not sure what you mean, but as I wrote in the other thread I quickly gave up, the controls were too messy for me to play this. It probably needs a few hotfixes ;)
Some context it was used for European RPGs in the 1990's and mid 2000's.

Examples being Gothic, Risen, and Elex.
Eurojank is a term used for a specific type of games that are trying to go way over their budget and to come stuffed with features that more often than not don't work as intended.
The early previews from a few sites called it that.

Some context it was used for European RPGs in the 1990's and mid 2000's.
The early previews from a few sites called it that.
Ah OK. To be honest I haven't read much on this game, I'll keep that in mind when playing the demo (if they fix the current issues).

The dialogs seemed a little weird in both the video that had been linked here before, and in the little I played. Dialogs feel like a mess of different threads, or confusingly jumping from one idea to the next without a proper transition. It's something that's probably OK in a real scene, but that doesn't render well in written text.

Another one that I thought was closer to release. For some reason I was expecting this mid-summer.

Just finished downloading the demo and about to check it out.

It looks interesting enough and I like the setting. Let's hope it actually turns out to be good, definitly want to read some reviews first.

Haven't played the demo yet but IIRC this is a combatless RPG, so I'm guessing lots of people will argue it's really an adventure game.

I guess it depends on whether there's choices to develop stats and skills in away that's meaningful to gameplay, and combat is replaced with some other dynamics. I think it could definitely still be an RPG.

I guess it depends on whether there's choices to develop stats and skills in away that's meaningful to gameplay, and combat is replaced with some other dynamics. I think it could definitely still be an RPG.

Yep, but Disco Elysium had stats and skills that are pretty meaningful yet it's declared a visual novel / adventure game by some people. Some even say that about Age of Decadence despite having (often avoidable) combat and extremely meaningful stats. Yet some of these same people will probably have no problem considering an action game with RPG elements where stats barely matter at all an RPG. Go figure.

I tried to get past my initial doubts and reluctance. There isn't much in the demo, many features are placeholders, but what little there is could be interesting.

The interactions seem more organic than typical games. For example you have several options in the dialogs - when I'm saying dialogs it's a general interface to interact with NPCs (alive or dead) and objects. So as in some games like Encased, it is also used to interact with objects, and in particular with the victims you have to examine.

Those "dialog" options allow you to tackle different aspects in any order, except the outcome may not be the same. Because you changed the relationship or the mood of the other person, or you discovered something. The first time I asked whether it was possible to have access to the victim's body to examine it, I was laughed at. After talking on a more personal level with the NPC, the same question was still available and this time he accepted.

Also, NPCs are not static, they move around. If you don't ask all the questions, maybe they'll be gone later.

Another aspect is how the game organizes your thoughts. It seems to formalize the deduction technique by maintaining associative nets for each hypothesis. You have to actively visit them and use the interface to do the connections, it's not automatic. But the result is a sort of organizer that shows which elements are yet to be discovered to support or infirm an hypothesis. In the end, it seems you have to make a decision but I didn't go that far.

As I understand, there is a character progression, with more techniques to gather the facts and process them. It's an RPG.

It's a bit disturbing. I don't think I'll play this game, even though it has its merits, just a personal preference thing.

Back
Top Bottom