Arakion - Early Access 02

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for Arakion announces that Early Access 02 will launch soon.

Dev Blog - Early Access 02

19 September - Lavidimus

Hey Everyone!

I'm happy to announce that after a long time in development, Early Access 02 will be launching soon! The [beta] will be launching sometime in the next two weeks (if you want to access it before then - come hit us up on Discord) - with a full launch likely one week after [beta].

With that said let us talk about what all is going to be added in the Early Access 02 Cycle. Please remember that each version (A, B, C, D) has a two-week development cycle. The version will release one week with a hotfix version the week after for feature refinement and bug fixes.

Early Access 02A
  • Chapter Zero - An all-new starting chapter with new content to sink your teeth into!
    New Building Mechanics - Worldbuilding got a complete overhaul. It is now much easier to use, much more expansive and much more fun!
    Dungeoneering - Create and explore custom player-made dungeons! Take the banner off the corpses of players who have fallen in your dungeon or head to other dungeons and steal banners directly! Banners can be exchanged for numerous rewards!
Early Access 02B
  • Crafting Update - Another 100 craftables ready to launch!
  • Skill Update - A massive cleanup for skills.
  • Combat Upgrade - General combat upgrade (This is part of the turn-based mechanics overhaul)
Early Access 02C
  • Town Visiting - Visit and shop at other players towns. Each town can focus on unique research that allows specific blueprints to be purchased there.
    Turn-Based Mechanics - This is currently Acade's singular focus. He's trying to get it out as soon as possible and has gotten a lot done already.
In The Pipeline
  • Chapter Two - This could be added at any point. It is mostly done but requires to fit seamlessly with the previous content.
  • Steamworks - This will be implemented so that players can mod the game with their own world, pets, weapons etc. The basics of this are already implemented but it requires extensive testing. We also have to decide how expansive we want this to be in the initial launch.
  • New Profession! - Keeping this under wraps for now but a new profession is about to launch!
  • Extra Sexes - Finalizing the rest of the sexes that don't exit (IE Human Females)
Be aware that these are the general goals. Updates more than 3 out may change as we may shift focus to something else if it's deemed more important.

What took so long?

The first reason for the delay is that Arakion hasn't generated much revenue through its initial launch. This isn't a huge deal and was semi-expected but it did end up limiting my work on Arakion the last couple months as I focused on freelance work to get funds for development. With that said we're full-steam ahead again!

The more important issue was that Arakion desperately needs more community involvement. I decided that more town, dungeon, and world-building will greatly help in this area. Although these features will be launching relatively lightweight they should get much better with time. Being able to visit each other's dungeons internally has been an awesome experience and I hope you all get the same enjoyment out of it!.

That's it for today. Have any questions or comments? Leave them below, otherwise hit us up on discord at https://discord.gg/SRHhPyr

Have a wonderful day!
Lavidimus
More information.

Nice, this could get some publicity when connected to / compared with Bards Tale 4, because it is not too different. Maybe its even better in some aspects?

Last edited:
Nice, this could get some publicity when connected to / compared with Bards Tale 4, because it is not too different. Maybe its even better in some aspects?

I read somewhere (Steam forum, maybe?) that there's between 5 and 15 hours of content. 15 would be okay, but less than that for $20? Not sure about that.

However, it does sound intriguing and I'll be following it.

Edit: It appears 5-15 hours relates to core content. There's side quests, etc.

This might be considered shallow, but the picture that is most associated with this game just turns me off. I've seen it for the past couple years and like a bad book cover, doesnt inspire me to pick up the book to even see if the content is decent.

This might be considered shallow, but the picture that is most associated with this game just turns me off. I've seen it for the past couple years and like a bad book cover, doesnt inspire me to pick up the book to even see if the content is decent.

I didn't like it either. I have changed it now.

I kinda like this new image/box art better.:nod:

ec303da4416deebbd69be42cbfe69789_original.jpg

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 39
  • New.jpg
    New.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 38
Wait, didn't I back this at some point ages ago? Where's my key? I thought this one was never going to be finished, but looks liked it might. Great news!

Yeah, man, this Kickstarter's as old as dirt. Might be older than that Hero U game I've been seeing on the Watch for years. The Kickstarter apparently was from Nov. of 2012, with an estimated delivery date of Dec., 2013.

And, TomRon, an update says keys were sent May 11. Might want to send them an email.

Edit: For all the Kickstarter historians out there, Hero U was apparently from Dec. of 2012, with an estimated delivery date of Oct., 2013.

Last edited:
Huh, just checked Kickstarter to be sure, and out of the 44 projects I've backed (that reached the funding goal) this apparently wasn't one. I know I looked at the Kickstarter, but for some reason I choose not to pledge.

Guess I'll buy it instead if it's any good.

I didn't support because it sounded like it was episodic. I remember the debate and decided I had enough of episodic games.

Huh, just checked Kickstarter to be sure, and out of the 44 projects I've backed (that reached the funding goal) this apparently wasn't one. I know I looked at the Kickstarter, but for some reason I choose not to pledge.

Guess I'll buy it instead if it's any good.

Back
Top Bottom