Starfield - Meet Vasco

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new video for Starfield which introduces Vasco.

Get to know your favorite new companion, Vasco - Constellation's expeditionary robot you'll explore with throughout your travels in Starfield. Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on 11.11.22. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.
More information.

I hope he is better than that Droid who joins you at the start of Fallout 4. After the abysmall Fallout4/76 I hope this one gets Bethsoft back on track. Hell, I would be okay if it got back to Skyrim level quality even if they can't bring back the magic from Morrowind.

I liked Cogsworth although I didn't take him with me too much. KK-47 was amusing but I also didn't use him much. Not a huge robot fan I guess although I did really like the Eyebot (Eddie I think) from FNV and Eddie and Dogmeat were often companions for FNV along with the sharpshooter guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

I will enjoy Vasco I am sure but whether it is in my party depends on how many companions you can have (and if Vasco counts towards that limit which it may not). I want to know more about the other companions, if any. Vasco could certainly handle space better than say Dogmeat.

I suspect they meant "your new favorite companion" less because of liking Vasco so much and more because they will be a useful pack mule and offer some helpful abilities to the player w/out getting too much in the way.

As in, "Hey I can carry 1000 pounds of loot and serve cold beer" and the player is like "Vasco! Your my new best friend forever!"

I will enjoy Vasco I am sure but whether it is in my party depends on how many companions you can have (and if Vasco counts towards that limit which it may not).
Same!

Has it been confirmed that we're traveling with a party instead if a single follower?

I liked Cogsworth although I didn't take him with me too much. KK-47 was amusing but I also didn't use him much. Not a huge robot fan I guess although I did really like the Eyebot (Eddie I think) from FNV and Eddie and Dogmeat were often companions for FNV along with the sharpshooter guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

I will enjoy Vasco I am sure but whether it is in my party depends on how many companions you can have (and if Vasco counts towards that limit which it may not). I want to know more about the other companions, if any. Vasco could certainly handle space better than say Dogmeat.

I suspect they meant "your new favorite companion" less because of liking Vasco so much and more because they will be a useful pack mule and offer some helpful abilities to the player w/out getting too much in the way.

As in, "Hey I can carry 1000 pounds of loot and serve cold beer" and the player is like "Vasco! Your my new best friend forever!"

Yes, I suppose they meant "handy companion".

Wasn't that HK-47 in the Mandalorian series too? I could use a slightly mad and evil companion like this one, keeps the players on their toes. ;)

Has it been confirmed that we're traveling with a party instead if a single follower?

I hope not. I've always liked the solo aspect of Bethesda's games. I don't mind having a companion with me, but I don't want to see it turn into a party-based game.

What happens if its outside cables get hooked into something and get cut?

Then he ded.

Just a random thought since E3 is canceled both in-person and online this year. Where will Bethesda release an actual game-play video? As they usually pick award shows.

As I remember Tod mentioning a big reveal earlier this year at E3 as well.:thinking:

Last edited:
I guess Microsoft / Xbox will do some bigger online event then?

Just a random thought since E3 is canceled both in-person and online this year. Where will Bethesda release an actual game-play video? As they usually pick award shows.

As I remember Tod mentioning a big reveal earlier this year at E3 as well.:thinking:

And they can't be the only publishers in that situation.

There are bigger conventions not too far away from E3 like Gamescon or Eurogamer Expo. They're less advertised because they're not in the US I suppose, or maybe it's just my impression. But if E3 isn't there anymore they could get more attention.

Or Bethesda (or MS indeed) will find another way. With so many fans waiting, do they even need a convention for an announcement to have an impact?

Maybe a new online event as EA Play Live was also canceled this year. It should be easy for Microsoft to do what Sony and Nintendo do every year online as well. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom