C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
CDPR opens a refund program directed for the last-gen consoles. Open until 21st of December.

131418097_3535077476573059_9152889365442057376_o.jpg

Ha and I just posted they should have done this from the very beginning. As somewhere down the line in development they knew the game wouldn't run well on consoles.

Anyway sorry about the news I'm busy lately and playing the game.

I was curious, how does it feel that you only see your character and what he/she's wearing in the inventory menu? Theoretically, it sounds jarring to me. That you play most of the game without seeing how you look. I guess it helps if you want to maximize stats and don't want to see yourself dressed like a clown. But it's also sad that you can't see yourself. The variety of items sure would make it fun to see yourself.
Drive a bike and Q for change perspective.
Your hot shorts and other sexy stuff will be shown.
Except… The bike is hotter than you. ;)
Anyway sorry about the news I'm busy lately and playing the game.
Goodbye life. :p
And goodbye clickbait doomsaysers, the game is so interesting I can't force myself to do anything else.

I'm a bit nervous that in optimizing this further they downgrade the graphics. Game runs great for me already on a One X. I don't want to give up any visual fidelity.

It is strange in all the talk about Cyberpunk 2077 here no one is asking about "how do you solve this quest?" or "Where is this quest item?" or "enjoying this faction quests".. etc. Does that mean that the game provide a variety of ways to complete quests even the failed ones? Or does that mean that everyone is immersed deeply in the world and just smelling the roses?

Not played it yet and waiting for more patching before starting, but just curious.

I don't think that this will have a significant effect in the long run. If I was trading in stock market I'd perhaps buy CDPR stocks right now. Seems like a good moment.
I might be totally wrong but my guess is that the most guys trading these stocks don't know much about the gaming industry.

It is strange in all the talk about Cyberpunk 2077 here no one is asking about "how do you solve this quest?" or "Where is this quest item?" or "enjoying this faction quests".. etc. Does that mean that the game provide a variety of ways to complete quests even the failed ones? Or does that mean that everyone is immersed deeply in the world and just smelling the roses?

Not played it yet and waiting for more patching before starting, but just curious.

Yes, many of the quests have different ways to complete them as well as different outcomes. Sometimes it's simply violent vs non-violent, but it can also depend on multiple dialogue choices and sometimes your lifepath will give you an extra option.

I'm really enjoying it, I was worried about the driving and action combat as button mashing is not my forte, but it's fine, really fun (though I am currently playing on the easy setting). I've even done some melee and fisticuffs. Found the learning curve overwhelming at first. I don't know if the ability to change grenade type during combat without going to inventory screen is there so that feels a bit clunky.

But even as a woman who likes a good swear, the swearing actually gets a bit tiresome. My husband asked if I wrote the script.

I don't know if the ability to change grenade type during combat without going to inventory screen is there so that feels a bit clunky.

If you're playing on PC, hold down ALT to bring up the weapon wheel. You can switch grenades from there.

Yes, many of the quests have different ways to complete them as well as different outcomes. Sometimes it's simply violent vs non-violent, but it can also depend on multiple dialogue choices and sometimes your lifepath will give you an extra option.

Thanks for the reply JDR - this significantly adds to the personal role playing experience.

It is strange in all the talk about Cyberpunk 2077 here no one is asking about "how do you solve this quest?" or "Where is this quest item?" or "enjoying this faction quests".. etc.
Well I actually took some screenshots at first to ask later if unsolved then sidequests led me back to previously "odd spots" so I solved what was bugging me…

However, I have no idea how to do this - stumbled upon a generator I cannot plug jack in and thus cannot hack it.
Because the panel is behind bars. If I overload it, it destroys the panel:

pic.jpg

Tried the prybar, no dice.
Anyone has an idea?

[lol nm, I didn't realize I was necro-ing the silliest part of the thread]

CDPR admits they knew the older console versions had problems.
"After three delays, we as the Management Board were too focused on releasing the game," CDPR joint-CEO Adam Kiciński said during a recent conference call addressing the issues with the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. "We underestimated the scale and complexity of the issues, we ignored the signals about the need for additional time to refine the game on the base last-gen consoles... This caused the loss of gamers’ trust and the reputation that we’ve been building through a big part of our lives."

How did such a marquee title end up released in such a state? A large part of the problem was "us looking... at the PC and next-gen performance rather than current-gen [consoles]," CDPR board member Michał Nowakowski said during the call. "We definitely did not spend enough time looking at that." The COVID-19 pandemic also impacted the usual testing plans for the title, CDPR said. "External testers working for external companies were not able to test the game from homes—they have test centers and if they’re not there, they’re not able to work," Kiciński said.

Though the console version wasn't shown widely before the game's release, CDPR co-founder and board joint-CEO Marcin Iwiński said that was simply because "we were updating the game on last-gen consoles until the very last minute, and we thought we’d make it in time. Unfortunately, this resulted in giving it to reviewers just one day before the release, which was definitely too late, and the media didn’t get the chance to review it properly. That was not intended; we were just fixing the game until the very last moment."

Nowakowski said he didn't blame Sony and Microsoft for approving the game in its current state. "This is definitely on our side. I can only assume that they trusted that we’re going to fix things upon release, and that obviously did not come together exactly as we had planned."
Link - https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...he-signals-of-cyberpunk-2077s-console-issues/

And all of this could likely have been avoided with another year of polish and bug fixing. Management that decided to release it should seriously be taken to task.

I still wonder, considering they also just announced that they made all their money back from both development and marketing, what was the rush to release? Did they honestly just wanted to catch the christmas sales?

https://youtu.be/ef4IcOl__6Q

What a clusterfuck. They spent however many years on it, and faceplanted right at the end. Mediocre.

And all of this could likely have been avoided with another year of polish and bug fixing. Management that decided to release it should seriously be taken to task.

I still wonder, considering they also just announced that they made all their money back from both development and marketing, what was the rush to release? Did they honestly just wanted to catch the christmas sales?

https://youtu.be/ef4IcOl__6Q

What a clusterfuck. They spent however many years on it, and faceplanted right at the end. Mediocre.
Three delays, early leaks and pissed off fans is what made them release now. They should have cancelled the older versions once they realized the technical problems.

Remember this game started development eight years ago and things changed in that time. I don't envy them caught between a rock and a hard place. Something had to give.

Three delays, early leaks and pissed off fans is what made them release now. They should have cancelled the older versions once they realized the technical problems.

Yup. The only way they could have saved the situation was to announce a longer delay the last time they did it instead of only three weeks. People would have been disappointed but would have understood. Delaying once again after the three weeks delay would have been too late.

I think another issue they had was that releasing a game for the last-gen (4) consoles next year would have been kind of late as everyone expects games for the current-gen (5).

Back
Top Bottom