Baldur's Gate 3 - Patch #6 & Community Update

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Larian has released patch #6 of Baldur's Gate 3, and a new community update.

Community Update 14: Forging the Arcane

It's that time again! For months, strange chanting could be overheard from the offices of the Larian Studios dev team, their mysterious incantations pausing only when one would leave to go accept a food delivery. But today, our team emerged from their darkened tomb. "It is finished," they said in unison, holding up to the sky a large stone tablet into which they had carved the patch notes for our latest update. Looking for those patch notes? You can find them here!

Patch 6: Forging the Arcane is now live and it is our biggest Baldur's Gate 3 patch to date. This new update introduces a playable Sorcerer class, a mysterious new region called Grymforge, lethal new weapon actions, a huge graphical overhaul, newly-added orchestral music to delight your ears, and hours of fresh content to explore - and that's merely a bite-size taste of the 10 pages-worth of improvements and changes made to the game this time around.

You can also expect to find new cinematics throughout the Underdark and Druid Grove, completely updated animations for Githyanki characters, Turkish language support, as well as something for those of you misbehaving sorts who tend to get sent to jail. [...]
More information.

Lots to dig through here, nice timing with the weekend.

Also saw Encased just released a big patch.

Salami is one thing. What about sentient food? Wish I was joking... That talking Shellfish at the start of Original Sin 1 - ain't got nothing on this.

Is the game out yet? I played this once when it came out and "finished" the EA and I can't bring myself to play it again until the pie is done. I am also waiting for that other pie, Pathfinder Wrath, to finish fully baking before I finish my plate of that. Fantastic, complicated pies take time to bake I guess.

Is the game out yet? I played this once when it came out and "finished" the EA and I can't bring myself to play it again until the pie is done. I am also waiting for that other pie, Pathfinder Wrath, to finish fully baking before I finish my plate of that. Fantastic, complicated pies take time to bake I guess.
Nope no ETA all quiet on that front. Though Larian did mention briefly in the last stream about a possible late 2022 release. My opinion/guess would be early 2023 at best.

One of the games most devoted players made a video about this last week.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061659297#post1061659297

Last edited:
This EA was way too early.
I agree.:nod:

Though if you dig deeper into articles and interviews the game was in early development for a few years before the last year of Early Access. So they had at least three years.

I would like to see a candid answer about how far they actually are in development. Though these streams just highlight whatever new addition they release with the patch.

I don't know if it's a case of the EA being too early or the development just being slower than they had anticipated. I've seen a lot of EAs with less content than what they released. The problem is that not much has been added since.

There's one major problem with this new patch, they haven't increased the level cap!! I haven't finished all the old content since I don't play if I'm not gaining XP and despite adding even more content, what's the point if the level cap remains the same? Until that changes, I won't return to this EA unless it's just to try out new classes briefly once I've finished playing all my other games!! LOL :D

Still not enough to tempt me back - nice they have added a new region though. sorcerer? meh - not a class I want to play. level 5? Still not on offer… I know level 4 is the cap, but it is such a low cap that means none of the more powerful class abilities can be accessed. And seeing your XPs thrown away when you get to this (low) cap is very unsatisfying - for me levelling up is such a key part of playing.

I see they have dropped advantage rolls from height (good!) - now a flat bonus (they don't say how much).

I don't know if it's a case of the EA being too early or the development just being slower than they had anticipated. I've seen a lot of EAs with less content than what they released. The problem is that not much has been added since.
I agree. Given the feedback they wanted to get, I think they did the EA right on time. They said multiple times it was taking longer than expected, and that's to add new features on what was built before or new content.

The longer it takes to realize the base is wrong, the harder it would be to change it if other things are built on top.

It may be too early from some players' point of view (aka too long to wait), even or especially for those who didn't play the EA and are impatient. But that's something else. ;)

Here's the Youtube video of the Panel From Hell (I put the Twitch link in another thread).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJfQ2QFGQ4

Looks like it's on relatively good tracks, I'm still worried to see the action bar at the bottom, in which they're still confused about the different types of actions in D&D 5E obviously. Probably means they'll stick to their version :/

I don't get what the rush is myself. The game is done when its done. Would people prefer it to come out less polished, less features, less done? No one is forcing anyone to play it now. Why all the angst? It is just a game.

Developers will spend years with lots of people and untold hours making something that users will then race through in days to chew up and spit back out. Consumption is quick and massive.

Gimme gimme gimme so you can devour it in quick order so you can quickly move onto another game and do the same.

I simply don't understand all this negative emotion to rush out a game. Why not simply enjoy it when its done and released? Look what happened to C2077 rushed out the door with fans ready to mob their studios because of delays.

Really sad how impatient people are these days.

Back
Top Bottom