Mafia 2

Remus

Antihero
The original Mafia was awesome and one of my all time favourite games. Compared to GTA series, its featured less over the top and more realsitic graphics, deeper story, nicer characterisation, etc.

2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two announced the game august last year. It's being developed by Illusion Softworks, the original developers of the Mafia. According to 2k forums administrator, Mafia 2 PC is currently scheduled for simultaneous release alongside the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions next year, 2009.

Here's some interesting infos:

1) Extensive car damage, with physical destruction model supposedly even more detailed and prettier than the one from the acclaimed Burnout Paradise (according to the journalists at press presentation) with damaged car body, broken glass or exploding gas tanks.
2) Not only you'll have to stop at gas stations for refueling your car, but you'll also be able to undergo a car wash and hence get rid of all the dust that your car has been picking.
3) Money important for shopping (new clothes to get rid of pursuers) or visiting restaurants, which is where you'll have your hero strengthen up a bit by eating some.
4) Pastel colors and an art style at times reminding of BioShock.
5) Confirmed the presence of Gears of War-like cover system, as suggested by recent screenshots.

More info here.

Trailer and wallpaper here.

I was looking at this game the other week - I guess it is worth getting then...

Yeah that part was hard, i tried about than dozen times; and last i heard the developer released a patch for that.

Back
Top Bottom