What become of couchpotato ?

Fluent is a member of RPGWatch. He wants to start something on his own. RPGWatch isn't holding him back in that.
In his enthusiasm Fluent might have overstepped it a bit here and there, but I blame his enthusiasm and not some malice, so I don't see it as a big problem.
As long as Fluent keeps on contributing to RPGWatch, he can start whatever he wants. If RPGWatch provides some sort of leverage, good for him.
This does not apply only to Fluent, but to all RPGWatch team members. As long as we are not paying them, I am not going to control what they can and cannot do.
And as long as they are contributing to RPGWatch, they can stay as team members.

I don't belief Fuent took Couch with him. Couch wanted to leave for some of the reasons as listed by DArtagnan and also me not wanting to change RPGWatch to match it better with his position on how a site like this should operate. I guess he didn't feel supported in that area (which would be correct as I didn't and don't support him in that).
RPGWatch has not changed. If Couch wants to come back he is welcome, but I think that can only be a long lasting relationship if Couch himself has changed.

And yes, Couch posted a lot of news. Now we have multiple people posting somewhat similar amounts of news (or less). It offers variety in the sort of news that you get to see though and I think they are doing a good job in finding news :)
Besides that, please send whatever you find to us, via PM or mail. I can't guarantee everything you send will be posted, but most of it will.

I'm jealous. How to I get to be considered vile instead of just grumpy? I cannot match the verbosity of DArt, so I need another way :)

I'm jealous. How to I get to be considered vile instead of just grumpy? I cannot match the verbosity of DArt, so I need another way :)
It's all in the avatar. Little nut looks sweet. The best a little nut with an attitude can do is come across as grumpy. Please don't change it. ;)

I can put you (as the only member) on my ignore list if that makes you feel better. Even the musketeer hasn't achieved that.

pibbur who wonders if he is on anybody's ignore list.

Last edited:
I liked Couch also but he did take stuff so personal. He got all pissed at me about the Godzilla movie that came out last year and he just started going off on me :) I called him the biggest baby on this site and I am sure that got me on his ignore list. I still miss him and I think that is the only time I had an argument on this site.

Well if you could purge all the codex members off the site it would be a start. Anyway I asked to come back last month as a limited new-poster, and was rejected.:cool:

So moving on it's nice to finally see other members posting news as it's what I always asked for multiple times when it was just me doing the majority of news-posting.:thumbsup:

Oh and Hastar your not on my ignore list as it was just a one time heated conversation about the new Godzillia movie. Which I finally watched, and didn't like it.:)

Last edited:
Good to see you.

pibbur who hopefully is not on the potato's ignore list

Good to see you.

pibbur who hopefully is not on the potato's ignore list
Nope I always found your posts funny and entertaining pibbur who.:handshake:

I didn't reject you. I asked you the same question as I mentioned in my post, you never responded.

I didn't reject you. I asked you the same question as I mentioned in my post, you never responded.
Well the tone of your reply suggested otherwise so I apologize, but to answer your previous question yes I can. I just don''t want to ever be a moderator again.

Edit: So can we close this thread as they always attract certain jackasses.:cool:

Last edited:
Not being funny, but can Couchpotato have his own category aside from General RPG Discussion? Something like "Couchpotao's RPG News".

While GRPGD is quite a slow moving category, sometimes with days without a new thread or even post, Couches spam is kind-of the exact opposite, sending interesting threads to page 2 exile in a couple of days. While some newsbits are interesting, it's very scattergun and a lot of the threads don't even get a reply or are already talked about in the regular news section.

At least when the GRPGD category's dead for a while you don't have to spend half an hour closely examining all the threads to try and figure out which ones caught your eye when you last browsed the site a few days ago.

In response to couches curious edit:

Update: The reasons why I hate this site.

It's an odd person who asks to be allowed to post news but not as a moderator who then calls someone an asshole for suggesting they have their own news reporting forum category. I can't make head nor tail of it. What exactly is 'assholish' about such a suggestion? Isn't that exactly what you want?

Not being funny, but can Couchpotato have his own category aside from General RPG Discussion? Something like "Couchpotao's RPG News".

While GRPGD is quite a slow moving category, sometimes with days without a new thread or even post, Couches spam is kind-of the exact opposite, sending interesting threads to page 2 exile in a couple of days. While some newsbits are interesting, it's very scattergun and a lot of the threads don't even get a reply or are already talked about in the regular news section.

At least when the GRPGD category's dead for a while you don't have to spend half an hour closely examining all the threads to try and figure out which ones caught your eye when you last browsed the site a few days ago.

Actually I like Couch's posts there. If I have the time to post a few newsbits I don't have to go out searching news,.

Actually I like Couch's posts there. If I have the time to post a few newsbits I don't have to go out searching news,.

I agree with you - but I also see the point that lackblogger was making.

Personally I tend to use the 'new posts' feature daily, mark everything read, and seldom scan individual forums after the fact.

But the great thing about these forums is that just like there are hundreds of individual personalities, there are also many ways to consume the information. So as a result even though I am happy with what Couchpotato contributes and have no issue when he posts a flurry that might push other stuff back ... his response to someone with a different idea was butthurt and childish and shows an inability to listen to the opinions of others. Lighten up, Francis.

Couch and I are working on making the Google+ group better, too, so stay tuned for that. :)

Fluent's patreon still only has 1 patron, even after all this time. I find that hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom