Download manager

Remus

Antihero
Which download manager you prefer?

I use Flashget free version for sometime now. It stable, easy to use, and do the downloading job very well. The resume option always work. The only scare i had is the flashget's "inapp4.exe" trojan warning i received from my AVG.

Recently i'm trying DownThemAll, the Firefox mass downloader extension. It's simple and light weighted program, and work well for now and i might keep it or replace the Flashget.

Tried the Free Download Manager, in term of speed, no different that i could notice compared to DownThemAll. It certainly has more features but i doubt would use them.

Download managers... I remember using GetRight back when I had a 36 Kb modem. :)

I never feel the need for one these days though.

It's good for big file downloads, e.g gametrailers could amounted to several hundred megabytes, and when your home broadband usual download speed is only 150kb/s ...

It's good for big file downloads, e.g gametrailers could amounted to several hundred megabytes, and when your home broadband usual download speed is only 150kb/s ...

150kbps? I thought most of us were connected with sth like 4Mbps (I download at a max of 1MBps = 8Mbps)

I can't recall the last time I used a download manager ... unless it was forced by some application or site.

Haven't used one in years either. Some sites tell you not to use one IIRC!!

I like Free Download Manager (FDM) too. It's not so much about the resuming abilities or that my connection is too slow or anything. I simply like all the little extras and that it's a separate program. You can have three configurable download speeds, downloaded files are put into specific directories automatically (e.g. music, applications, ...). And I can still decide to use the browser's download capabilities whenever I want or need to.

FDM compared to normal browser downloads, is to me like Foxit Reader compared to Adobe Reader. Feels faster and has a much neater interface.

Back
Top Bottom