Chaos Chronicles - bitComposer Interview @ RPGCodex

Well, he blaims the guy in the interview for dodging the hard question ( Citadels, which had nothing to do with Chronicles ) while he himself Dodge all of the points related to Chronicles in the interview… a weak post in my opinion.

Being a developer myself I understand / agree with
But for developers (especially small studios), releasing an unfinished bugfest can be a total desaster. It ruins your biography, it ruins your team motivation and you will lose your original intention to make games at all. In many case you will lose your company or job as well.
And most important of all: as developer you invest so much energy, time and passion into a game, seeing all this work going down the toilet can be very frustrating.

And most important of all: as developer you invest so much energy, time and passion into a game, seeing all this work going down the toilet can be very frustrating.
Yes, I can fully inderstand that, but why is Coreplay so determined to flush it down the toilet then? To me, it seems Coreplay is unwilling to negotiate with bitComposer, while BC seems to be willing to keep negotiating and trying to find a solution to this problem. Granted, we don't know the particulars or the atmosphere of previous negotiations, but regardless, there can be no solution if they do not talk to each other.

If Coreplay has invested so much energy, time and passion into this game, and they have reasonably strong fan support, why wouldn't they try everything in their power to continue the development? Why just give up and indeed flush it all down the toilet? Why wouldn't they try their utmost and keep talking to the Big Bad Developer, who doesn't seem hell bent on flushing their precious game down the toilet. At least reading BC's response, it would seem they'd be more than willing to see development continue. That is, if they reach an agreement, but that's what negotiations are for, to reach an agreement, something that satisfies both. Are you so far apart that something like that is an impossibility now. Surely, not. C'mon you two! Sit down and have a beer (or ten) together, hash out an agreement, shake hands and let the development of CC continue! We, CRPG fans, are counting on you!

If Coreplay has invested so much energy, time and passion into this game, and they have reasonably strong fan support, why wouldn't they try everything in their power to continue the development? Why just give up and indeed flush it all down the toilet? Why wouldn't they try their utmost and keep talking to the Big Bad Developer, who doesn't seem hell bent on flushing their precious game down the toilet.

Guessing answer: They cannot agree on money issues.

Well, he blaims the guy in the interview for dodging the hard question ( Citadels, which had nothing to do with Chronicles ) while he himself Dodge all of the points related to Chronicles in the interview
Does he? He seems to be claiming: although, on paper, CorePlay had worked on Chaos Chronicles from 2010 to the cancelation, their development team, composed of 10-12 people, were mostly occupied by JA-related tasks till July of 2012, while knowing which, BitComposer dared to ask the devs to come up with a plan to release CC in January 2013, as “originally planned.” From the viewpoint of CorePlay, while BitComposer kept them busy with JA franchise, they appear to let the readers finger on mismanagement at CorePlay’s end. At least, CorePlay don’t seem to find BitComposer trustworthy.

Guessing answer: They cannot agree on money issues.

qxt1na.jpg

Money rules the world, but who rules the money?

Attachments

• Oscar_Wilde.jpg
    Oscar_Wilde.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 44
Well the one thing certain seems to be the game is not happening. Although bitComposer on their interview claimed it's possible and urged people to show support, in their first statement they claimed there's nothing more they can do on their side and it's all on COREPLAY, who claim it absolutely cannot be done under these circumstances because of bitComposer. Oh well, at least we have the Kickstarted CRPGs! Shame.

Well the one thing certain seems to be the game is not happening...

Coreplay could simply make a related game called Anarchy Almanac and make a Kickstarter for it ...

Coreplay could simply make a related game called Anarchy Almanac and make a Kickstarter for it …
They have a legal injunction stopping them from developing the game without bitComposer's involvement. I imagine they'd have to change more than the name if they didn't want to get sued to hell and back. Of course I'd like to see their next project being a CRPG, but that might be too much with how this may have affected their financials. I don't know if they could successfully Kickstart when people can't know the truth so they may have to do something else for money before trying something like this.

This part struck me :

The legal injunction was necessary, as their new lawyer and shareholder had a very unusual view of the contracts we had previously entered, and Coreplay planned to finalize and release the product without our involvement.

Translation : He knew absolutely NOTHING about gaming business.

Coreplay's statement sounds very uncompromising and aggressive. It's also somewhat inconsistent: If Bitcomposer didn't contact them after the first meeting, then how did they communicate about the second meeting that Coreplay failed to attend?

Also the Coreplay statement makes accusations against BitComposer based on pure speculation about BC's motives. That kind of thing has no place in a company trying to negotiate some kind of compromise as it is guaranteed to hamper any talks.

Back
Top Bottom