The Outer Worlds 2 - Announcement Teaser Trailer

The thought of more Outer Worlds has left me very...whelmed. The Outer Worlds was, on paper, everything I wanted in that kind of game. A spiritual successor to Fallout New Vegas but set in a Victorian Retrofuture? Good lord that still sounds amazing. But the gameplay and story felt like being dragged across concrete.

I feel like a large part of its success was its release timing and the game pass. I really hope for the sequel they take some of the criticism to heart.

While there was a lot to like about the first game, I too got quite bored with it and suddenly couldn't even stand another minute of it. Best Obsidian game? FNV of course! And one of the finest RPGs of all time. Although I haven't played Tyranny yet but I own it. Maybe it's time to give it a whirl.

lol this thread got me to reinstall Tyranny -- I bought it when it came out and got about half an hour in. Let's see how it goes.

Found this on Reddit about the various games Obsidian is developing.

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/mxnjl0/twitter_user_klobrille_wrote_a_detailed_summary/

230 employees and four different games in development.

ho4ge3ntf5v61.jpg

I played quite a bit of the Outer Worlds 2, since I was invested in the love story between the lesbian ladies and was trying to get them hooked up. I eventually got bored with the game but that's likely because I played the first planet about 6 times before moving on. By that point, I was burned out. This is a me problem, not Obsidian's :)

lol Hell no. Please compare the review score of Tyranny with F:NV and KotR 2.

Like I would give a sh*t about review scores. I have plenty of experience under my belt to be able to judge any RPG by myself.
Anyway KotoR 2 was garbage compared to the first one, which was NOT made by Obsidian.
FNV instead was a very good game, but being a DLC I cant consider it by itself.

I would agree with you that mainstream games are shit. But in the case of KotR 2 vs Tyranny I am comparing two niche games. One is a classic and the other is not (and probably will never be).

Still niche.
Within that niche Tyranny has a much higher chance to be remembered for the many original elements it had. KotoR2 had none, it just copied the first chapter, making it worse.

lol this thread got me to reinstall Tyranny -- I bought it when it came out and got about half an hour in. Let's see how it goes.

I'm sure you will like it.

Like I would give a sh*t about review scores. I have plenty of experience under my belt to be able to judge any RPG by myself.
Anyway KotoR 2 was garbage compared to the first one, which was NOT made by Obsidian.
FNV instead was a very good game, but being a DLC I cant consider it by itself.

Still niche.
Within that niche Tyranny has a much higher chance to be remembered for the many original elements it had. KotoR2 had none, it just copied the first chapter, making it worse.

I'm sure you will like it.

lol, what's your point in resurrecting this?

You want to impress me by saying that you don't care about reviews and have enough experience to judge a game on your own? You are in a cRPG forum, everyone here has enough experience and strong opinions about such games :lol:

Good thing that reviews exist so the public can estimate whether most people like the game or not, *and not just your opinion*. And with that, we can have less subjective discussions on which game had a bigger impact on the community.

And whether you like it or not KotR 2 had a much bigger impact than Tyranny.

And btw, so what that KotR 2 is a sequel? What this has to do with anything? It doesn't make the game worse by itself. Moreover, this was not the only Obsidian game that is a sequel to a franchise started by another studio.

Back
Top Bottom