Drakensang: TRoT - Review @ GameBanshee

Still, about retail release: you can get the retail version from the Benelux if you don't mind shipping. It's a DVD and a 80-page manual. Which is weird: they've made a DVD case and manual for the game, it can't be that expensive to distribute that to NA/UK as well.
Is case in English or Dutch? Which shop do you suggest (from those with 20 EUR price tag)?

I think they figure it's unnecessary. The in-game interface is pretty clear and easy on what attributes apply to a skill when you mouse-over or click it.

They'd be wrong then. The original DS English version had lots of typos and errors with the mouse over info, and it did not explain the numeric relationships between statistics and skills and combat. It was piss poor, quite frankly.

Hopefully TRoT does a better job of it, and the manual fully describes the math.

By the way, the publisher issues a press release today. Timely, isn't it? Available on GG, Impulse and Steam, apparently, though I don't see it on Steam.
GG and Impulse have blocked sales to Europe, but I'm happy to wait for Steam if it's published there. I found the original Drakensang incredibly boring, but I'm willing (more like desperate) to give it a chance.

If you found the original to be boring, then there is a good chance that you will enjoy TRoT. They really fixed the pacing issues of the first game that made it "boring" in some parts and improved the overall quest design. They also improved or tweaked several other aspects without going overboard with the changes. Basically, it's everything that one would expect from a true sequel; improvements to the core gameplay and design while keeping the overall feel of the original game (if only Bioware could manage to use this approach with their "sequels").

GG and Impulse have blocked sales to Europe, but I'm happy to wait for Steam if it's published there.

I doubt Steam will lift the regional restrictions. That's a publisher decision, not a service provider's decision.

Is case in English or Dutch? Which shop do you suggest (from those with 20 EUR price tag)?

Case, manual, game, all in English.

I looked around at the stores and most of them don't ship outside BeNeLux/Germany. The only shop that does at first glance is this one, but it's shipping is fairly hefty: 4 EUR for within the EU and 15 EUR worldwide. I've never used that particular shop so can't comment on their quality either.

Case, manual, game, all in English.

I looked around at the stores and most of them don't ship outside BeNeLux/Germany. The only shop that does at first glance is this one, but it's shipping is fairly hefty: 4 EUR for within the EU and 15 EUR worldwide. I've never used that particular shop so can't comment on their quality either.
I am in EU so shipping would be cheap but this is one of the shops with

Verpakking: Nederlands

so I am sceptical about case actually being in English. Can you give me a link where you ordered your full English release.

Have a look in our Drakensang forum - several people already imported the game from a Dutch store.
Can`t find any info about this issue.

Verpakking: Nederlands
so I am sceptical about case actually being in English. Can you give me a link where you ordered your full English release.

Dunno. Like Dhruin says you could ask someone who's imported it. I'd be surprised if there's both a Dutch and English case released here. I don't think we get cases in Dutch that often, ME2 is the only one I've seen recently.

I got it from Bol but they don't ship games outside of the Benelux I think. This is the front, back is just a short blurb and a list with a few things it improves from TDE.

Last edited:
I'm finding it a lot more fun the original Drakensang and I agree that pacing is the biggest difference. I started the first game but got bored, so grabbed TRoT on Impulse and have played it nonstop today. I still had to tweak the pathetic run speed, but that's a simple fix. I also sped up harvesting. I'd love to have some lockpick skills but I guess I can't have any until the thief NPC joins up. I'm a healer mage.

Check the link I posted in this thread: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12302&page=3

As I write there I ordered the game from a .nl shop and had the game delivered to Denmark. It took surprisingly long though (11 days) but I just got the package 5 minutes ago and I can confirm that it's completely in english, including the 80 pages manual. So all is well :)

Heh. I never even thought to check FRS. They're our biggest record/DVD/gaming retail chain. Even worked for them (or rather an indie chain of theirs) for a year or two. They sound more reasonable shipping-wise than the shop I linked to as well.

Good job, Kasper

Back
Top Bottom