Sword Coast Legends - Forgotten Realms RPG

Also, I see they offer a $240 Collectors Edition, with cloth map and statue of Belaphoss, for those who like to take their purchases rectally.
All those items are not cheap, and they also throw in a few extra copies of the game. I remember a few other developers charging just as much for a collector's edition.
The one thing we can all agree with there is no lack of RPG's to play or coming out in the near future. Which is great news no matter what as there is something for everyone to enjoy on some level.
I agree CelticFrost we have a lot of RPG games being released year.
Man, that got on steam pretty early.
When you have a publisher it's a lot faster than trying to beg on Steam Greenlight.

If you want extra copies of the game (5), you must go for the "Campaign Collector's Edition", at $350. :wideeyed:

If you want extra copies of the game (5), you must go for the "Campaign Collector's Edition", at $350. :wideeyed:
You just want to make fun of the prices.;)

The Digital Deluxe Edition Campaign Pre-order Pack for $149.99 sounds good as I get five games, and I can share four of them with friends, and family later on.

Anyway as I posted four pages back they offer a single digital copy for $34.99 for anyone that doesn't have the cash to spare for a new collector's edition. ^^

Last edited:
I do indeed want to make fun of their prices for the collector's editions, because I think they're making fun of their customers! :biggrin:

$149 for five copies sounds fine - it's that extra $200 for the collector's edition that I find a bit silly. But, hey, people can choose to value whatever they like!

This looks incredible. Really.

But I want something epic in 4th Age Dragonlance now, plz.

In Mass Effect the player does all kind of crazy things, like saving or killing the council and other big ones. Had they used a third party IP they wouldn't have been able to do anything altering major components.

Yeah, and the actual consequences are almost nil. :)

Oh, I forgot about Dragonlance.

What the hell happened to Krynn?

I want Raistlin in my next RPG damnit!

Didn't someone rescue him from Takhisis, or am I remembering that wrong?

Is Dragaonlance still alive? I assumed WotC dropped it a while ago…

BTW: I want a game to take place in the Moonsea region again. Back to Phlan maybe?

Two more thoughts about the restriction to only 6 classes. In 5th edition every class has subclasses to chose from. Considering that in DnD you can mix classes (Rogue/Fighter etc.) in arbitrary ratio there will be way more character building options than in most other cRPGs these days.

Of course only if these two concepts are implemented in SCL…

I'm afraid the Dragonlance days, and the Dark Sun days, and the Planescape days are over for CRPGs and we only have the usual Bore Coast thingy. Better than nothing I suppose, but image a modern, huge CRPG set in Dark Sun...

I'm afraid the Dragonlance days, and the Dark Sun days, and the Planescape days are over for CRPGs and we only have the usual Bore Coast thingy. Better than nothing I suppose, but image a modern, huge CRPG set in Dark Sun…

Well we do have numenara(sp) comming, thanks kickstarter.

I'm a bit curious how this game can be out by fall when we are just hearing about it now?

The dragonlance world was a great setting, and I thought it especially lent itself well to a computer rpg. I'd kick in for that in a heartbeat, assuming someone serious was behind it all. Dark Sun was decent too.

If the Kickstarter revolution has taught me anything, it's that no fandom/universe is ever really dead. I wouldn't be too quick to order a coffin for Dragonlance, Dark Sun, or even Spelljammer. You never know when some decently big name will pop out of nowhere with a proposal for an RPG based on any one of these…or Al Qadim…or Mystara…or Birthright…or anything.

Just talking about this is exciting enough. xD

I agree Aubrielle but WOTC has discontinued most of those settings. I really hope someone can convince them to kickstart a game in the Dark Sun setting.

I'll even say that Kickstarter is probably why were seeing another game like NWN again. It has has shown a small crowd of gamers are still interested in these games.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm hoping for a magic candle modern day game...or another amber star:)

I agree Aubrielle but WOTC has discontinued most of those settings. I really hope someone can convince them to kickstart a game in the Dark Sun setting.

When did they discontinue them? Because Dragonlance got a 3.5 makeover...I don't remember when but that couldn't have been too long ago.

Maybe someone can convince them to part with the rights, or something.

When did they discontinue them? Because Dragonlance got a 3.5 makeover…I don't remember when but that couldn't have been too long ago.
Well after they moved to the 4th edition, and the 5th edition many settings were unofficially left behind to focus on new ones. Even the novels have slowed down.
Maybe someone can convince them to part with the rights, or something.
One can hope Aubrielle as I have fond memories of this setting form my youth. I even have every paperback novel based on the setting they released since the 90's.

Last edited:
That's really depressing...

Back
Top Bottom