Crying Suns - On Kickstarter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Crying Suns is a rogue-lite and tactical game where you explore a dying galaxy as the admiral of a space fleet. The game is seeking 25K euro on Kickstarter and is off to a good start having collected 9K already with 28 days remaining. There is a demo available to try out also.

CRYING SUNS is a rogue-lite and tactical game where you explore a dying galaxy as the admiral of a space fleet. As a deep, story-driven game experience, each successful run will uncover a part of the underlying truth about the fall of the Galactic Empire.

Main Features

• Space exploration in a procedurally-generated universe
  • Tactical fights between battleships and their squadron fleets
  • A deep and dramatic storyline inspired by our favorite S-F universes (Foundation, Dune, Battlestar Galactica) and structured in 6 chapters.
… Prepare to die often, it's a rogue-lite game... And it's a hard one…
More information.

I was going to say no way but then i saw the video and it actually might be quite good. Backed. I do hope they up the resolution a bit.

The games factions feel very inspired by Dune. Insta-backed this just for that.

With respect to Dune, the main character's name definitely references Duncan Idaho (one important Dune character, who coincidentally gets cloned quite a bit). So I guess there is some inspiration there.

I am Crying with the Suns. This gameplay video is as exhilarating as toilet cleaning.. Entirely uninspiring "space battles" or rather War of the Flies.

AVOIDWARE

Saw the games title thought it was a remake of an older game I played years ago called Dying Suns, but they are different. So I'm a little disappointed , but this looks unique.

Last edited:
This looks very cool, I just might back this. It is like a mix of FTL and Everspace.

Glad to see this game funded as it's not easy nowadays.:party:

Back
Top Bottom